7

Y/n POV

I had the most fun I've ever had in a potions class. Cedric messed around with me the whole time. Professor Snape threatened to give him detention and he straightened up. I laughed at this. What a good boy.

After class, Cedric walked me to Defense Against The Dark Arts. "No more fights okay y/n," Cedric says with a huge smile on his face, showing his very straight white teeth. I lean back up against the wall. "Weasley isn't here to protect ya."

"I don't need protection," I say and then I pretend to punch Cedric in the side. He seems surprised at my advances. "What're you gonna do about it huh?" He blocks a few of my punches and turns so he's behind me and grabs me in a bear hug, pinning my arms against my body, and he lifts me into the air. "Cedric let me-let me go!" I say, laughing. Just then Mad Eye Moody clambers up to us.

"Mr. Diggory!" Mad-Eye yells. Cedric drops me suddenly and I lose my footing. He wraps an arm around my waist to keep me steady. "I don't believe you're in my class!"

"I was just leaving Professor." Cedric says and he picks up his bag. Moody's real eye is on Cedric, and his mechanical one spins wildly in my direction.

"Yeah, yeah, I bet you were. Get a move on! Away with you!" He yells and Cedric heads down the hallway, softly smiling at me as he left. Moody turns to face me. My heart drops. Im standing face to face with my hero. "As for you Miss y/l/n," I straighten up. "You must be heading inside, we have class."

"Of course! Sorry sir," Moody holds the door open and beckons me inside. I walk in and find an empty desk. Everyone starts settling in, getting parchment out and their quills. I sit down and do the same. About five minutes after Moody starts teaching, three male voices get louder from down the hallway. Knowing all too well who those voices belonged to, I rolled my eyes and put my head down. Fred, George, and Lee all rushed into the classroom.

     "Mr. Jordan, Mr and Mr Weasley. So glad you could join us!" Mad-Eye says sweetly at them. I keep my head buried in my arms, slightly embarrassed. "Care to share why you were all late on the first day?"

     "We-uh," Fred chokes on his words. I sneak a look at them. All three of them were standing extremely straight, their faces pale. Moody trots across from the front of the classroom to the boys. His face is only about an inch or two from Fred's. "Um, well, we were uh-"

     "Eh?!" He yells and Fred winces. Fred's eyes look between George and Lee for help. Their eyes are on their feet. "Take your seats." Moody hisses, his mechanical eye spinning in circles. George and Lee take the desk behind me and Fred sits on my left. "Hmm, miss y/l/n, you shouldn't want to surround yourself with ones like this." Mad Eye says, his real eye glaring at Fred.

    I bite my lip to keep it from quivering. I assume my face is as red and Fred's hair. I look over to Fred and he doesn't look much better. Two strikes in one day. I probably don't look too good in Moody's eyes. All I ever wanted was to meet him and now he's my teacher and all I've been is a disappointment. I rest my chin on my hand and try to listen to Moody.

     Throughout the lesson, I can see Fred glancing at me from the corner of my eye. Professor Moody was writing something on the board, so in the few seconds his back was turned, Fred tried to get my attention. He reached over and poked my shoulder. "Hey," he whispers.

    "Mr. Weasley!" Moody yells, still facing the board. "Why can't you leave miss y/l/n alone!" Fred straightens up at the roar of his voice. Moody faces the class. "Fancy her huh?" There is some snickers from our classmates and Fred shakes his head. "Yeah yeah alright. You wouldn't be the only student who fancies her. Isn't that right miss y/l/n." My stomach drops. I look up at Moody hovering over my desk. I shrug nervously. I feel Fred staring at me.