4

//authors note: I apologize ahead of time for the fact you will be in Gryffindor! It is just easier to write! I will find some ways to incorporate the other houses into the story so your house doesn't get left out :) //

Y/N POV

     As soon as we step off the Hogwarts Express we're drenched by the rain. Thunder rumbles overhead and the wind howls. We race to a carriage. Lee yanks the door open and we all cram inside. I push my wet hair out of my face. Fred and George shake their heads wildly, sending water all over the carriage.

     "You both are dogs, you know that right?" I tell them. They shake their heads faster and bark a few times. The carriage creaks and then springs forward toward the castle. I look out the window and see the silhouette of the place I call home. Even on a stormy night like this one, the castle glows. It's lit with life. Through every window, light twinkles brightly. I look back towards the train and see the first years gathering for their boat ride to the castle. "Poor things" I mumble.

      "Whats that?" Fred asks.

      "The poor babies have to ride over in the boats." I point back towards the large group of young witches and wizards. Fred shrugs.

      "So did we our first year." He states and looks back at me.

     "So does every first year Fred." George says.

     "It's raining." I point out.

     "Really? Hadn't noticed." Fred says running a hand through his hair, slicking it back.

      "You look like Malfoy." I reach out and ruffle it a bit. "Looks better messy." He gives me an awkward smile and looks away. The carriage comes to a steady stop and the door slowly begins to open. It is then thrown open by a strong gust of wind. Lee and George leap out and race to the castle. I brace myself and then step out. The wind affects my balance and the rain slaps my skin. A hand reaches around the left side of my waist.

      "I gotcha!" Fred yells. With Fred behind me, I  run after George and Lee. Lightning flashes. We pass through the door and warmth overcomes me. I take a deep breath and inhale the unforgettable scent of the castle. After I catch my breath I pull out my wand and turn to Fred. I give my wand a little wave and hot air blasts him. He is dry in a matter of seconds "Blimey!" He says, patting his clothes, searching for any wet patches. "Where'd you learn to do that?"

     "Hermione of course!" I say. I wave my wand at myself and I perform the same spell. When I'm all dry, we follow fellow students into the Great Hall. As always, my breath is taken away once we walk inside. I pause for a moment and take it all in. Hundreds and hundreds of candles light up the Great Hall, flying over our heads. The four house tables were long and full of students. The professors sat at a long table in the front of the room, facing the four tables full of witches and wizards. I feel a large hand on my lower back.

     "Lovey, we gotta keep moving." Fred whispers in my ear. I nod and we walk over to the Gryffindor table.

      "So where have you two lovebirds been?" George asks, raising his eyebrows. Lee whistles.

      "Guys, we've been over this! Y/n and I are just friends and that's all we'll ever be! Right?" He looks to me for confirmation. I nod.

      "Yeah! Me and Freddie?" I shake my head dramatically to get the point across. "Never ever!" George and Lee shrug and turn to the Professors. Fred glances at me and when I turn to meet his eyes, he drops them quickly and becomes interested with the gold plate in front of him.