11

Y/n POV

The sound of voices wakes me up. My head is foggy. Fred, George, and Lee are up and getting ready for the day. I open my eyes slowly and see light streaming in through the windows. I keep my back to them and try to be quiet as I pull the blankets up higher, but as I do so, their voices stop.

"Shhh, you're gonna wake her up!" I recognize as Fred's voice.

"It's time to go down anyway!" Lee replies.

"Imma wake her up!" George interrupts Lee and Fred's conversation.

"George no." A pause. Running footsteps. "George no!"

The air in my lungs is knocked out of me as a 6'3 ginger jumps on top of me. "Good morning sunshine!" George practically screams in my ear.

He starts punching me in the back. I swing my arm back to hit him but he stops it. "Nice try" He says as he jumps off of me and sits on the end of the bed. I take a deep breath which I so desperately needed. I sit up next to him and after a few moments of deliberation i slap George upside the head. "Blimey! What you do that for?"

"What you do that for?" I mimic as I try to push him off the bed. He stands up and sticks his tongue out at me.

"George and I are gonna head down stairs," Lee announces as he heads to the door. George follows at his heels. Just when I thought he's left, his head appears again. "No funny business between you two. If you catch my drift..." he says with a smirk and a wink, then he and George thunder down the stairs to breakfast.

I groan as I flop back onto the bed, my head starting to ache. I'm about to fall asleep again before a pillow slams into my face. "Come on! Let's go down stairs! We gotta enter the tournament!" Fred says.

"Can't you do one thing without me!" I complain as I pull the blankets up over my head. He groans and smacks me again with the pillow. "I'm not entering the tournament!" I say, my voice muffled through the blanket.

"I know you aren't! But don't you wanna see your potion succeed? Come on y/n!"

"Fine!" I croak. I throw the blankets down and sit up slowly, rubbing my head. I grab a pillow and throw it at Fred.

"Brilliant!" He says as he dodges it. He gathers the three vials of aging position and places them gently into his school bag. "Then I'll wait for you in the common room!" And with a smile he's gone. I force myself out of the warmth of Fred's blankets and into my dorm which, thankfully, was empty. I didn't want to argue with Hermione quite yet.

I brush my hair and teeth and then pull on my tights, skirt, and gray school sweater. Five minutes later, I'm tucking my tie in as I meet up with Fred in the common room. Just as we're about to leave, I hear a voice to my left. "And just where do you think you're going?" I stop dead in my tracks. I turn so slowly it was as though I wasn't moving at all.

"Well?" Hermione asks again. The tone of her voice was enough to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand. She flattens out the Daily Prophet on her lap and scans the front page.

"Hermione, it was nothing-" Fred begins to say.

"I wasn't talking to you." She says sweetly, which scares me even more, and she gives Fred a blank look. "Go to breakfast, Fred."

"You can't tell me what to do!" Fred says with an uneasy laugh, clearly unsettled. "I'm not going to-"

"Go." She says again, not looking up from the newspaper. Fred stands there with his arms crossed defiantly. "I won't say it again." Fred looks at me and mouths Can you believe this one? I shrug awkwardly and he scoffs. "Or do I?" She asks, looking up from the paper. After a few moments of eye contact with her, long enough to make any grown man crumble, he turns on his heel and leaves the common room without another word.