10

Y/n POV

     The 30th of October arrives and so do our guests. We house the students and headmasters of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang. The students of Beauxbatons arrived in a powder blue carriage the size of a large house drawn by a dozen winged horses. The students wore thin silk blue robes and their headmistress, Madame Maxine, was easily the largest woman I had ever seen in my life.

    The students of Durmstrang arrived in a large ship that appeared out of the Black Lake. The students wore bulky cloaks made of fur. Their headmaster, Karkaroff, was thin like Dumbledore but didn't have the twinkling eyes like him. When he smiled, a rather nasty yellow smile, his eyes stayed the same. Cold. He beckoned one of his students forward and we hardly got a good look but we heard the murmurs of the students around us. Viktor Krum.

   "Viktor Krum! At Hogwarts!" George said, completely in awe. We followed fellow Hogwarts students into the Great Hall, shoulder to shoulder.

   "I had no idea he was still in school! I knew he was young and all but." Fred said in the same tone of voice as his twin. Lee began jumping up and down just trying to get a better look at Krum.

  "Wanna get on my shoulders Lee?" I teased. We  walked over to the Gryffindor table and took our seats. I glanced over at Harry, Hermione, and Ron. Ron looked as though he were going to faint. Or throw up.

  We watched as the Durmstrang students sat at the Slytherin table, and the Beauxbatons students at the Ravenclaw table. Once students had found their seats, Dumbledore made his way to the front. Everyone fell silent.

  "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, ghosts and - most particularly - guests." said Dumbledore, beaming around at the foreign students. "I have great pleasure in welcoming you to Hogwarts. I hope and trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable.

   "The tournament will be officially opened at the end of the feast," said Dumbledore. "I now invite you all to eat, drink, and make yourselves at home!" The plates in front of us filled with food as usual. The was a great variety of foods I didn't recognize.

   "That's gotta be foreign!" Lee said, pointing to a black pudding. The Great Hall felt packed, although only twenty or so more people had been added.

   "You've got to be kidding..." Fred mumbled. I look up at the staff table. Next to Karkaroff was Ludo Bagman and next to Madame Maxine was Mr. Crouch.

   "Percy works for Crouch, ain't he?" Lee asked as the desserts arrive. Fred, George, and I nod.

   "They organized the Tournament, didn't they?" I asked. "I supposed they wanted to be here to see it start."

    Once everyone had enough to eat, Dumbledore stood up again. "The moment has come," he said, smiling around at the sea of upturned faces. "The Triwizard Tournament is about to start. I would like to say a few words of explanation before we bring in the casket just to clarify the procedure that we will be followed this year.

   "But first, let me for those who do not know them, Mr. Bartemius Crouch, head of the department of international magical cooperation." There was a smattering of polite applause. "and Mr. Ludo Bagman, head of the department of magical games and sports." There was more applause for Bagman than Crouch.

   "Mr Bagman and Mr Crouch have worked tirelessly over the last few months on the arrangements for the tri-Wizard tournament Dumbledore continued and they will be joining myself, Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxine on the panel that was just the champions' efforts."

   " instructions for the tasks the champions will face this year have already been examined by Mr. Crouch and Mr. Bagman." said Dumbledore as Filch placed a chest carefully on the table before him. "and they have made the necessary arrangements for each challenge. There will be three tasks, spaced throughout the school year and they will test the champions in many different ways. Their magical powers - their daring - their powers of duction - and of course, the ability to cope with danger."