12

Y/N POV

After about an hour or so in the hospital wing, Lee, the freshly shaven Weasley Twins and I start to head back to the Gryffindor common room.

"I miss it already," Fred says, rubbing his bare chin.

"Fred, I can't lie, it was starting to grow on me." George says with a smirk, hoping someone will catch onto his joke. After a few moments Lee howls with laughter. I chuckle at his stupidity. George smiles idiotically, happy someone laughed.

"I get it! Growing on you, cause it was," Lee inhales sharply, wiping at his eyes. "Literally growing on you! Ah!" He says, trying to catch his breath as we climb the steep stairs to the common room.

"Banana Fritters" I say to the Fat Lady.

"So many of yous. And on a Saturday afternoon. You should all be doing something." She mutters and with a sigh, she opens the portrait hole and we creep in. I expected the common room to be particularly empty but boy was I wrong .

The room was filled with almost every Gryffindor. In one corner, there was a group of four people 3rd year boys playing with a hacky sac that spontaneously caught fire. Many other students sat in front of the fire, scratching away at parchment. Others were just talking.

"Oi," Fred elbows a first year boy with floppy brown hair. "What's going on in here?"

"Uh, the weather just got really bad." The boy says with a heavy accent. "Have a look for yourself." The boy says, pointing a long arm toward the windows.

The three boys and I make our way to a high window and peer outside. Thick fog hid everything from sight and thunder boomed overhead. I place my hand on the window.

  "I think it's perfect weather." I say as lightning flickers across the sky. A lone barn owl flies from the castle, growing smaller and smaller into the fog until I can no longer see it.

"Let's agree to disagree." Fred says, patting my shoulder. They make their way back to fire place and "convince" some first years to give them their seats. The first years, two young girls, get up to let them sit. I pull Fred out of the chair by his arm and let the first years sit down again.

"I'm sorry about that." I tell the small girls. The nod quickly and look at Fred, George, and Lee timidly. I sit down right in front of the fire and the boys join me.

"I just don't get why you weren't a prefect." Fred says, his hair brighter than ever in the glow of the fire. "You act like one."

I shrug and look around the common room. There was a nervous feeling in the air. Everyone was just trying to kill time before the Goblet Of Fire would choose its three champions. I too was eager to find out who would be picked. I had a good feeling that the Hogwarts champion would be Cedric.

"Even if I wanted to be a prefect," I say, fixing my hair. "McGonagall would never pick me. I spend too much time with you lot." All three boys smile sheepishly. The fire crackled and there was more thunder overhead. And then came the comforting sound of pitter patter on the roofs and windows. Rain.

Many people ran to the windows to watch the earth get watered. "So glad we aren't Trick or Treating tonight." I joked. George crinkles his freckled nose.

"Do what?"

"You don't know what Trick or Treating is?" I ask, a bit surprised. Lee shakes his head and then looks between the twins for some back up. They all shake their heads.

"Sounds amazing though." Fred said, looking extremely interested. "Tricks and Treats? I'm all in."

"No no no, it's Trick or Treat." They look lost again. "On Halloween night, you dress up as whatever you want and go knock on people's doors for candy. You all never done that?"