9

Y/N POV

It's a cool Saturday morning. The air outside is frigid. Fall is coming fast. I wear a sweatshirt and leggings and make my way into the common room with Hermione and Ginny. I get two moments of peace with the two of them before my eyes are covered by a pair of soft hands. I hear familiar giggling behind me.

    "Good morning George." I mutter and then begin to claw at his hands. I get my sight back and George groans.

     "How do you always know it's me?" He wonders as Lee, Fred, and George sit down around me. Ginny unintentionally gets pushed out of the circle. She rolls her eyes and with a flip of her red hair, she's gone.

    "You're the only person who does that to me. Ever. And you have soft hands."

    Lee reaches over and touches George's hand. "Ew! You do have a soft hands!"

    "What's wrong with that?" George asks defensively. He looks to Fred for reassurance, and Fred just shrugs.

"Don't be looking to Fred, his hands aren't soft." I say and look around for Ginny. Lee looks at me with eyebrows raised.

"Been holding Fred's hands recently huh?" Lee asks.

"He wishes." I wink at Fred. He smiles stupidly. Hermione looks in between us and then taps Fred's shoulder. She whispers something to him and then walks away. I make eye contact with him and he shrugs. He slowly follows her out of sight. Weird. "Okay gang, so what's the plan for today?" George and Lee inch closer to the sofa I'm sitting on.

"We need to get things ready for the aging potion." George says quietly. Today he's wearing slacks and the knitted sweater with a big G in the middle his mother makes every him year.

"So that's how you're going to do it?" I ask. He and Lee nod.

"We all just need to be a few months older, so this should do." Lee explains.

"How do you intend to brew it? You three aren't exactly potion masters." George and Lee look at each other uneasily. "So...how?"

"We were thinking," Fred comes up behind me. "That you could do it for us." I turn around to look at him.

"Excuse me?"

"Y/n, you're good at potions!" Lee confesses. "I mean, you are in advanced potions."

"And, not to mention, if it's done incorrectly, we could be hurt." George throws in there. Hermione appears besides Fred.

"Y/n, no way! It's against the rules! And besides, it won't fool Dumbledore. He said no one under seventeen is allowed to enter. Even if you brew it correctly it won't work. It's pointle-"

"Hush hush hush!" George tells her and waves his hand in front of her face. "My little brother may listen to your chatter but I don't have to." Hermione crosses her arms and huffs.

"Please?" Fred leans over the sofa to rest his head on my shoulder and wrap his arms around me. "Please!"

"What do I get in return?" I glance between George and Lee and then over at Fred.

"How about a kiss?" Fred asks.

   "Oh wow, you have won me over! Please, please let me brew this potion for you!" I attempt to look flattered. He turns his head and places a kiss onto my cheek. The second his lips touch my skin, my smirk and stomach drop.

   "Ohhhhhhhhh, y/n! Fred she's blushing! She's blushing!" Lee points at my face. Fred rests his chin on my shoulder again and holds me a bit tighter sending the butterflies in my stomach into a frenzy George smirks at me.