1

Y/n POV

I stared up at the ceiling. The sounds of
Hermione's and Ginny's steady breathing filled the room. I laid on my back and took a deep breath and I could smell the fire burning down stairs. I smiled at the ceiling, just happy to be here. I looked over at the clock on the wall and it read 4:12 am. I knew I wasn't going to be able to fall back asleep so I threw the blankets back and stood up. I grabbed my book, A History Of Magic and as quietly as I could, walked down stairs.

     I was almost down the first flight of stairs when the floor creaked underneath me. I stopped and waited, expecting someone to wake up. Nothing happened. So I continued down stairs. I sat down on the couch, and in the glow of the fire I opened my book. I was so interested in the book I didn't even hear my best friend, Fred Weasley, come down the stairs. He came up behind me and grabbed my shoulders.

     "Bloody hell Fred! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I cried, clutching my chest. He chuckled and jumped up over the couch to sit next to me.

     "Whatd'ya doing up so early y/n?" He asked. His ginger hair was so messy, it took everything in me not to fix it.

     "I guess I could ask you the same thing Freddie."

     "I heard someone on the stairs. Thought I'd come check it out." He smirked at me. I rolled my eyes.

      "I was hoping no one heard me."

      "Are you kidding? It was so loud I though it was an earthquake! You had me terrified woman-"

      "Alright, alright I get it! I'm not as graceful as I think I am." I cut him off. He smiles at me. The flames dance in his eyes and I couldn't help myself but stare into them. We sit in silence for a few seconds just staring at each other. I realize I wasn't breathing. I tear my eyes away and pick up my book to show him. "History of magic" I tell him, realizing how awkward I've made this.

       "Oh yeah. Only nerds read that boring stuff." Fred says and turns so he can lay his head in my lap. I shake my head dramatically.

       "Um. No, not boring Fred. It's actually extremely educational-"

      "Hey." He looks up at me. "It was so nice like thirty seconds ago when it was just silent. So can we just like do that again? Thankssss" I sit there with my mouth open.

      "Is that your polite way of telling me to shut up?"

       "Erm...yes." I scoff and he smiles. Again, butterflies erupt in my stomach. What is wrong with me.

       I begin playing with his hair absentmindedly while I look at the fire. Before I know it my eyes are drooping. I check the clock. 5:26 am. I'm about to stand to return upstairs but then I realize I have a big baby on my lap. Instead of waking him, I push him off and onto the floor. He falls with a loud grunt.

      "You have to be joking!" He whisper screams. I make a run for the stairs. Fred on my heels. I make it to Ginny's room and I slam the door before Fred can get through. Hermione wakes with a start when Fred slams into the other side of the door. "You're gonna pay for that y/l/n!"

      "Good morning Hermione!" I say cheerfully with my back to the door. She rolls her eyes and says something about how it's always us two and lays back down. I sigh and when I know he's gone, I walk over to my makeshift bed and lay down. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I fall asleep.
___________________

Authors note- Ugh I know how bad the start of this is!!! I'm awful at starting stories! Trust me it'll get better! hopefully!