20

February brought new challenges. Not only was the second task of Triwizard Tournament at the end of this month, Valentine's Day was this month. My least favorite holiday. That was probably because I never had anyone to spend it with.

The day before Valentines Day created an energy around the castle unlike any other. Girls who normally never did their hair began to. The boys started wearing deodorant, thank the lord. And Lulu followed Fred everywhere. I hardly got a moment alone with him outside of the common room.

Her blonde hair was done neatly everyday and I wondered what time she woke up every morning to style it and considered asking her. And she always smelled of lavender and a bit like honey. Fred was allergic to honey. Fred and I would walk to our classes side by side, talking like nothing had changed and then a bouncing girl would join right in the middle of us.

"Fred! Oh Fred, I've missed you!" She would hop on his back and ruffle his hair. He forces a laugh and would pat her wrist.

"I saw you two hours ago at lunch." He sighed as she jumped off his back.

"Well, I only got to say hello! Then you ran off!" She squeezed her way in between Fred and I, pushing me off to the side. "Didn't really get to talk to you!" She links her arm in his and pulls him away. Before he's pulled out of sight he turns his head and mouths 'help me!'. I just laugh.

"He's screwed huh?" George asks beside me.

"Pretty much. Oh my goodness, do you think she's expecting him to get her something for Valentine's day?!" George's eyes widen.

   "Probably! Should we tell him? Wouldn't want him to crush her spirit."

   "No we aren't telling him. Let the man figure it out himself. And you know, she needs a little tough love from him." George nods in agreement. "He should just tell her he doesn't like her."

   "I think he has. Or tried to." George scoffs and is about to pull me towards class but then speaks again. "Have you done the same?"

   "Done the same?" I meet George's eyes and see him glance across the hallway at a tall man in yellow and black robes talking to a group of girls who twirl their hair around their fingers and bat their eyes at him.

   "I...I don't know if I...don't..." my words get caught in my throat as one of the girls with pretty dark hair pushes Cedric playfully.

   "Go save him." George pushes me forward slightly and I weave through out the passing students and find my place besides Cedric. The girls give me nasty looks as I tap him on the shoulder. He looks down at me and a smile spreads on his face.

"Care to walk me to class?" I ask in a small voice.

"I'd be honored." Cedric offers his arm to me and I take it. "Excuse me ladies." And he pulls me away.

"Be careful, any one of those girls could slip you a love potion." I warn once we're out of ear shot.

"How flattering." He states, patting my hand.

"Cedric I'm serious. Girls are crazy. And you've got fan clubs nowadays! And Valentine's Day is tomorrow-"

"Correct me if I'm wrong," he starts. "But it sounds like you're worried about me."

"As if!" I unlace my arm from his. I grow cold almost instantly.

"Whatever you say!" He smirks.

"Anyway...you have any plans for tomorrow?" I ask nonchalantly.

"Nope. Do you?"

"Me too. I'm probably going to steal a bunch of food from the dining hall and take it upstairs, watch television, and eat chocolate till I puke."