18

Hermione's POV

   The wind howled outside and the dark clouds hovered ominously, making it the most perfect day for reading. I was almost through with my book and considering how far I was already and how long it took me to get there, I could finish in the next hour or so.

   That is, considering there is no distractions. They both breathe noiselessly and I turn my pages as slowly as possible so I do not wake Ginny and y/n.
A knock at the door makes my stomach drop. I jump up quickly to answer it. "George?" I ask.

The tall boy stands in the doorframe, carrying a tray filled with cookies and cakes and teas. His hair is untidy and a bit too long. I might have to trim that for him. He nods. "Hermione. Top of the morning!"

"Shh!" I jump onto my tip toes and press my index finger to his lips. "They're still sleeping!" I whisper. He looks around me and nods.

"Gotcha." He shoves his way in and when I close the door behind him he shoves a tray into my hands. "Breakfast." He makes himself at home and sits in the chair I was just sitting in. I set it at y/n's feet. Her face was peaceful in sleep and I dreaded seeing that change when she wakes.

"Thank you, but we can't keep eating this." I lift up a powdery circle with some sort of yellow jam in the middle. "Too much sugar."

"No such thing as too much sugar, sugar." He says with a silly grin. He pats his knee for me to sit. My stomach drops a bit and I shake my head. "Come on, Hermione!"

   "No!" He grabs me by my wrist and gently pulls me towards him. He pulls me onto his knee and starts to tickle my sides knowing all to well that that is my weakness. I laugh louder than I thought I would and Ginny begins to stir. I drop to the floor and George rearranges himself and picks up the book I was reading.

Her head pops up and she blinks multiple times. "Dad?" She asks before she rubs her eyes.

"How late were you out with him, young lady?" George lowers his voice and waves his finger at her. Ginny launches a pillow at George which he dodges. I flatten down my hair and pick up a newspaper that had found it's way to the floor and try to look occupied.

"What time is it?" She asks groggily.

"It's time for you to get a watch!" Another pillow soars toward us. It falls short and hits my shoulder.

"Hermione?"

"Yes?" I answer.

"The time?"

"Ah- uhm," I clear my throat. "Around 9." I hear her head hit the mattress.

"Why is he in here?" She groans.

"Just spending the morning with my beautiful girlfriend Hermione." He says bluntly and I'm thankful for the newspaper in front of my face.

"Shut up George!" She screams. "Stop trying to get with my friends!"

"Too late."

Y/n groans and I drop my the thin newspaper to look up at her. She shifts and then sits up, her hair in all different directions. She wipes her eyes, yawns, and then holds her head.

"Y/n?" George asks, not leaving his chair. "Hey, are you alright?"

"Fred?" She asks in a pained tone.

"Why does everyone say that? I don't think we look that much alike! Do we babe?" He taps my shoulder. I keep my eyes on y/n but I nod. "Bloody hell."

"Where is Fred? Where's Cedric? What happened?" She rubs her temples and I just know she has an awful headache. George gets up and throws himself on her bed and I can't help but feel a twang of jealousy.