Cha-pter *8*

As soon as Zhao Yunlan closed the door behind him, the meeting room erupted with the buzzing of hushed whispers. Everyone's eyes were on the new heir of the Shen entreprise and properties, as if sizing him up.    Yunlan saw the angry figure of Shen Wei when he finally let go of his strong façade. He was a bit hesitant wether to stay or just leave. He asked himself inwardly, feeling like he was about to weep.   

"Feeling pressure?" Said Zhu Xin Ci trying to make Yunlan relax giving him a reassuring smile. All of a sudden, the door opened once again. This time, it was Shen Yezun who never set foot on the company but today's event was a peculiar case, he joined his brother and both were whispering into each others ears then both smiled evilly.

The CEO Shen Bai held a brief speech congratulating his partners, employees and shareholders about New year before he introduced Zhao Yunlan to the board meeting attendees. The crowd, though taken aback, nodded and followed the man and his words. They applauded for the new member of the Shen family some of them wearing confused faces and some were totally unhappy.

"According to the company policy, we must follow the protocol to appoint the next CEO, giving him your shares doesn't make him qualified to mange such a big group known all over the world. It's a huge responsibility, not some kind of amateur games" After what Shen Wei said pointing to his grandfather, the crowd of people there whined in unison. They somehow agreed on his statement.

"The arrangement comes as follows: First, you must take into account the person with the highest contribution in the company. Subsequently, following the number of achievements and profits made by the same person, adding to it experience in management. Finally, is voting in case we have equal candidates for the position. You can't just point anyone to be the next CEO if he has more shares" Shen Wei lifted his glasses and glanced at his grandfather and Yunlan sharply. His lips curved in a faint smile when no-one dared to answer.

"The Shen Group can not just hire idle, unproductive people. To our responsibility, we must pick the right person for the right position because this is not just a private family matter, but rather a public interest that concerns all those involved in this company, from the youngest employee working here to the biggest" Added Shen Wei driving all opinions to join his very smartly again.

"Let me add this one thing, if you really give him your shares, this will make you with 0% contribution in the company which give the board directors the right to remove you from your position immediately" He addressed his old man shamelessly.

"I am very happy that someone came prepared" Said Lan Yi. The deepening shadows were fast obscuring all faces in the big conference room, where silence reigned, profound almost as death. All were waiting for the CEO to explain more after what Shen Wei said.

"Old man say something, we look like losers here" Whispered Zhao Yunlan, after he softly raised himself from his seat to join Mr. Shen Bai. Half an hour passed before the closing speech of Mr. Xin Ci, his mind was clear, and he then spoke calmly of what the CEO ordered him to say.

"According to the will of Mr. Shen Bai, He gave all of his possessions to his son Zhao Yunlan. This is only after his death, allowing him to remain in his current position as the CEO, so he can not be removed yet. According to the initial law, the legitimate heir can receive any progressive position to participate in the company management, as well as moving between departments" The faces of Lan Yi and the twin brothers wore a troubled aspect after what Xin Ci said. 

"Another option to appoint Zhao Yunlan as the next CEO is through votes. If the majority of opinions, considers his appointment as the executive director is unquestionable matter in order to train him for his next position. A voting process can be conducted immediately, only then can he take over the management of the company under the tutelage of the CEO, and I" Xin Ci sat down, after he finished with his explanation.