Cha-pter *17*

"Ughhh…" Zhao Yunlan groaned, tossing and turning around in his bed. Most of the dinner time he was very nervous eyes intently focused on Han Chen's father who instead avoided looking at him in fear to expose their hidden relationship. The man kept talking to Shen Wei only recalling some beautiful memories of his son making Yunlan grumbled and leave to his room sooner.

"It's going to be fine, Yunlan! That Shen Bai didn't bring me into this family for a mare investigation. He sure is hiding something I must know" Zhao Yunlan assured himself, slowly pulling his phone dialing a number.

"Boss! Where the hell are you? You have been ignoring my calls" Da Qing was sulking, Yunlan could hear his annoying reaction on the phone.

"I hope it's urgent!" Yunlan sighed, turning to look at his reflection on the glass window, opening his eyes at the sudden revelation.

"That Lan Yi is planning something for sure. She had a secret meeting with one of the investors in Shen Bai's company, called William Wilson. After tracking down the name of his corporations and their headquarters, we came to a very important information" Da Qing was afraid to announce to his boss the shocking news.

"Say it!" Yunlan shouted impatiently.

"She is the new owner of Wilson's  companies. She bought his shares after he went bankrupt and signed a sale contract with him under a strict condition which is to keep the original company name under his management. No one yet knows about his bankruptcy and selling all of his properties to her in secret" Hearing that Zhao Yunlan wasn't too convinced. He was a little shocked that Lan Yi can bring Shen Bai down if she decides to take back Wilson's shares.

"Why tell me now you moron?" Yunlan was quiet for awhile thinking for a solution before he inquired brusquely and in a loud baritone voice." He was disagreeable towards the news his co-worker announced. Feeling already consumed by anger and deceit, he couldn't control his exhausted self letting it all out on his poor assistant who did nothing but smiled and nodded.

"I couldn't reach you, you piece of shit" Da Qing cheerfully returned the insult back to his boss with the same brusque tone leaving him with no chance for a counterattack. Yunlan's anger faded and eyes flashed. He knew that the agressive voice of Da Qing was meant to wake him up, he was listening but not focusing at all. He snapped back to reality, quickly hang up the phone and left his room.

"Are you going somewhere?" The butler who was just outside Yunlan's bedroom inquired amiably.

"Am I being watched?!" The man asked to make a point before the butler moved aside letting him have his way. Yunlan's instinct seemed doubtful of the uncanny situation, the presence of the man behind his room door, Han Chen's father and his queer behaviour. Everything happened today that Shen Wei couldn't grasp because of his wrong placed nativity made Yunlan's brain function correctly at last. He is now looking for true answers to his questions.

Yunlan swung along towards his destination with a firm stride and in a great hurry. It was a cold, misty night, Nothing was clear cut and nothing was distinct, so hazy was the outlook. He soon found himself standing at Mr. Han small cottage behind the stable. Before he could knock at his door the man opened and welcomed him inside.

"Please come in" He was expecting him after he got a warning call from the Mansion's butler. Yunlan refused to enter, he was striking at the door with an annoyed expression trying to put pressure on the other victim like himself. He checked the man's expression and read no hesitation or lies. He was hoping to be put in the face of truth.