The End

"Can you explain to me what is going on in here?" Shen Bai said, and his tone of voice never suggested well. Yunlan stepped towards the man in very slow and careful steps before he grabbed the bouquet from his hands and placed it on the table. The two looked at each other with amazement, each with different thinking in mind. Yunlan turned away from the bouquet of roses without explaining his suspicions to whom he claims to be his father. Soon, he looked at his phone and called Shen Yezun but the latter wouldn't answer.

Shen Bai, who had reached his desk chair, sensed Yunlan's awkward actions. Instinctively, he turned to look at him. He hadn't expected such a reaction and swiftly avoided eye contact with him as though nothing had happened. Then Yunlan sat across him with dissatisfaction in his heart. Shen Bai was afraid of him, he didn't dare to open his mouth until he was sure that Yunlan was not angry anymore. Once calmed down, Shen Bai was able to think clearly.

"Does he still want to kill me?" Shen Bai understood now that the matter concerned his grandson. And he may have put poison in those roses for him to inhale and die. The man only shuddered at the thought, so what if it happened? If Yunlan was not present, he might have witnessed his end prematurely. Shen Bai didn't know how grateful he was to Yunlan for saving him and standing by him every time. However, he could sense that Yunlan was not being entirely himself.

"Well, If I wasn't rational enough, I would have probably done the same Mr. Shen Bai" Frustrated, Yunlan threw his phone on the desk next to the man. Although annoyed with that gesture, Shen Bai grabbed it and looked at the screen. It was thoughtful of him to be able to understand what was Yunlan talking about. After carefully reading the content, Shen Bai finally had few moments to introspect and calm down. He forced a hesitant smile. He looked very anxious and worried.

"It's the truth I've been hiding from you. I raised you to make you fight against your mother." He paused for few seconds before he added nervously,

"Don't give me that look Yunlan! I know I did wrong. But, she started the whole thing" The man said apologetically. Yunlan leaned back in his chair comfortably with cold nerves. He raised his chin and studied the expression on Shen Bai's face. He prevailed an unpleasant look towards the man as he said with as much acute tone as he could muster.

"I was sincere when I called you dad, but I regret it now. You have succeeded in your plan in building such a deep hatred between a mother and her son......." While Zhao Yunlan was mulling, struggling to accept the truth, Shen Bai's concern shifted into something else.

"Will you reconcile with her?" Shen Bai peered at the darkness that covered Yunlan's face with his deep eye and cracked a wicked smile. He already knew the answer, such a hopeless relationship wouldn't be necessarily reconciled. He somehow liked the feeling of certainty. The smile on his face grew even wider. He moved back in his chair, took his half-full glass of red wine in the left hand, holding it leisurely with only the thumb and index finger, and drained it in one gulp.

"She is not a good woman Yunlan. She abandoned you at a very young age"

"Do you have to remind me? I do not recognize her as a mother to me even if we are blood related, and I do not recognize you as a father either-even if you took care of me all this period, your purpose remained ill fated. As for the inheritance you donated to me, I will return it to its true owner."

Everything was as perfectly going according to Shen Bai's plan. Surreal, like he was watching a movie, and he could predict the story-line and tell exactly was coming next. However, Yunlan quickly detonated a heavy caliber bomb that changed the course of things and expectations for the man who had built great hopes for Yunlan receiving his inheritance without anyone else. In that low confident voice, eyes still fixed on Shen Bai, Yunlan sounded determined.