Cha-pter *2*

Today is that time of the year again When it's supposed to be a beautiful magical celebration, this Christmas was going, to be the best one in a long time for Yunlan carrying such an important deal with two of the biggest investigation units in the country. Sitting at his desk, Yunlan leaned his back against the chair, playing with a strand of his wavy hair.

"Did they call, yet?" Da Qing asked watching Yunlan's phone resting on his desk just in front of him. He was looking at it while impatiently waiting.

"No" He sighed.

"It's too early, let's just wait a little bit" Da Qing smiled to himself a little trying to improve Zhao Yunlan's mood.

"Boss!?" The look on Lin Jing's face who was holding a paper in his hand, didn't indicate goodness.

"What is it?" Yunlan asked curious to know.

"It's an email for breaking off the alliance contract with SID" Yunlan was never foretold that something like this on a day like today could happen. It simply ruined his life goals and expectations. Lifting, at length, his eyes, which had been resting on the floor, he said;

"What is the motif for terminating the contract?" While he was yet speaking, they heard a knock at the front door of the office. An elite man entered, Yunlan swiftly ran his eyes hurriedly scanning the new figure. As he always believed his instinct, this man was certainly a client.

"I've certainly seen him before" The detective who was standing from his chair, muttered to himself, not at first clearly comprehending the nature of the business of this man or anything related to him but he knew one thing, this man was here for a great deal that he was ready to welcome.

"Detective Zhao! My name is Zhu Xin Ci, I am the assistant and attorney of Mr. Shen Bai. You sure have heard about him?" What possessed Yunlan more than any other thing now was the word 'Shen' to trouble his peace of mind right now and build up a certain amount of excitement. His instinct never failed him. As he believed, he will forever be entangled with this family.

"Please come in" Zhao Yunlan seemed in a hurry to follow the man and show him to his private office. Soon they welcomed Mr. Shen Bai and politely greeted him. The first thing Xin Ci asked of Yunlan was to close the window-shutters and door-turning the key in the latter, and remaining inside alone without any of his team members involved in this.

"What I am about to say is extremely important and is a matter of death or life. I believe in your abilities as a smart detective and I Shen Bai need your help. I apologize for breaking your new partnership with Your new allies, but I want you to work on this case alone. I don't want any noise or attention around me. I have many enemies but my plan is one and I want it to succeed."

"I understand from that....." Yunlan was shortly cut midway by Mr. Bai.

"I want you to be my fake son, I will make you inherit all of my fortune in return, Let's investigate each of my family members aside with their partners, friends, deals movements and behaviour. I will introduce you as my heir, that is the only way to let you be inside of the house and be close to all of them" Entirely spacing out, and hidden from observation, Yunlan rearranged his thoughts, which seemed to be active on something else, take their own way.

He was soon entirely absorbed on the matter. Whatever were his thoughts, one thing would have been apparent to the observers. His ideas did not run in a quiet stream. Something disturbed their current, for his brow was knit, his compressed lips had a disturbed motion, and his hands moved uneasily. At the end of Mr. Bai's statement, Yunlan arose, not hurriedly, but with a deliberate motion, threw his arms behind him, bending forward, with his eyes cast down.