Cha-pter *18*

"Mr Shen Bai, I know you hate the twin deeply. But you are getting older and weaker. You should not treat yourself and them like this. If you want, vent your anger and hatred on me and leave them alone. You know that Shen Wei tried so hard to please you and made so many sacrifices to be a good person." Mr Shen Bai shook his head refusing to admit to Zhao Yunlan's statement. It was such unreasonable advice that completely angered him.

"But he can never be good enough to forgive his sins. Even my health deteriorated in the process trying to tame him. He is a hard-hearted creature not even a human being" Zhao you Yunlan did not expect to hear this coming from his father. In an instant, pain exploded across all  over his body. Along with the pain, Yunlan felt extremely distressed.

"Haven't you done enough already father? Why do you want to continue to hurt him and make him suffer? Didn't you take our right to be together? Why now? Why you want us to fight each other for your inheritance? Why make us both love and hate each other this much?" Zhao Yunlan pretended to be a considerate and caring son for his own Father asking him with all the kindness he owns.

"....." Shen Bai couldn't answer Yunlan's ongoing questions. He tried to comfort him with back pats. Shen Bai felt sorry for breaking his heart. He tried to contain his emotions and remain steady and unshakable. He fought to stop his tears from running down his face in front of zhao Yunlan, having more than a reason to make him break inside and cry. After releasing a deep sigh, he forced a bitter smile on his face before looking at Yunlan in his eyes.

"I have always pitied myself for having such a family. I was lonely since the death of my wife and my son. Do you know why she got sick and died?" Shen Bai released a broken giggle before he added.

"Because of Shen Wei and Yezun. My wife suspected Zhang having an affair. She followed her to find out that she was having and affair and that person is the twin's father. My wife couldn't take it, so she had a stroke and lived for few months on wheelchair. Shen Wei thought I had cheated on his old lady that's why he resent me thinking I caused her death"

"Yunlan I couldn't face a little child with a bigger truth than his tiny body and heart. How could Wei take the truth if I explained it to him? I'd rather let him accuse me to hurt him at such a young age. However, this never stopped me from hurting him when he is strong enough to feel the pain I lived with all my life seeing him everyday to remind me who's son he is" Shen Bai declared in a mournful voice.

"So you let him live with such a lie? I am not interested in your excuses anymore father. What about me? Have I ever hurt you to treat me like this?" The only thing Zhao Yunlan wanted to do in this moment was to slam the door and distance himself from his cruel father and never see him again if he could. Only by doing so, could Zhao Yunlan probably calm the storms inside his heart.

"Yunlan! That man you are trying to protect is the one who killed you once, you were saved by a miracle. He always acts before he thinks of hurting others, such a man is a monster and will only drive you to the end of the cliff and make you go over it if that serves his interests." Yunlan grew suddenly angry as he  couldn't stand Shen Bai's insolence anymore.

He raised his hand and slapped the maid across her face. The sound from the slap was so loud that it echoed through the quite space of the big office and its surroundings. He couldn't control his anger anymore and took it out on the poor young maid who was serving them tea. His action infuriated Shen Bai assuming to deserve such an abusive act.

Yunlan's eyes widened and his handsome face contorted with rage. Despite what he had done, Shen Bai had to sit quietly watching him not uttering a word back. Zhao Yunlan took his leave but before his body could fade behind the big door, he averted his body adding one more last statement that broke a stream of fire inside Mr Shen Bai's body leaving him perplexed of what Yunlan just retorted.