Cha-pter *19*

Yunlan stood there looking at the medicine in his hand, which seemed very ordinary. Later, he put it in a plastic bag and looked at Shen Bai with astonishment, trying to understand the matter before asking the man opposite to him. Shen Bai took a long deep breath he then looked at his son with a look of refraction and said,

"I've been taking these pills for how long, I don't know? I recently started feeling forgetful and dizzy most of the time. I think someone is trying to make me feel sick by changing my medication. I bet you already know who plays such wicked games, Yunlan!" The hint was clear from the man's tone that he was referring to his grandson Shen Wei. His features seemed very tense, knowing that his son is working hard to protect whom he thinks is guilty in the first place.

"Are you sure is Shen Wei ?" Yunlan was in a state of panic, fearing that the man was right and that Shen Wei was behind this. However, he paused a little trying to arrange his thoughts before pointing the finger of accusation at who might be innocent, and perhaps the whole matter is just an illusion from so much going on between the family members. Before Yunlan agrees to his father, he had to first examine the pill in his hand.

"Well I know no-one but him is capable of doing so, do you have a doubt?" Upon hearing that Yunlan froze when he realized that he had lost all chances of thinking someone else could be behind this. But deep inside Yunlan was indifferent to everything Shen Wei did so far only if this doesn't lead to anyone dying or else he couldn't protect him anymore. Shen Bai's hopes soared as he thought Yunlan reaction might be an indicator that he would reconsider his previous decision about Wei being innocent.   

"Sure there are some misunderstandings, I feel that Shen Wei is innocent this time, my detective instinct never failed me" Zhao Yunlan was quick to offer an apologetic excuse for his beloved man. Perhaps a little humility would sway him completely if he is assumed worng. He was recalling his last meeting with Shen Bai before coming to see Shen Wei in the hospital.

"You are Doctor....!" Yunlan spoke with a cold tone,

"Never mind, I don't care about your name just hand me all of Wang's medical records since the day she enlisted in this hospital"

"Excuse me? This is very private, who are you to command me this way?" The doctor of Wang couldn't believe how he had ended up in this situation. He had come with the intention to check on his friend Shen Wei only never crossed his mind, he would be questioned and manipulated by a scary detective into speaking about Wang's case which is to him a red line never to cross over. Here the two men stood, inside Shen Wei's hospital room with neither of them willing to speak.  

"Save your breath and talk to me. I will determine whether or not he can give you what you asked for." Shen Wei helped himself to sit. He then sent Zhao Yunlan a warning glare. He continued to look at him with a hint of frustration after his statement. Even before Yunlan could process what he had first said, the door in front of them was slammed shut.

"Did you order him to leave?" Yunlan found himself with Shen Wei only after the doctor hurried outside the room leaving Shen Wei to deal with such a stubborn man. Yunlan felt angry and ignored. However, he was able to control his nerves for a moment in order not to frighten the sick person next to him because his anger might turn the place upside down only if he is forced to do so.

"You don't really care about me, do you? You seem to enjoy my misfortune. Am I the only one you want to hurt so much?" It seemed impossible to convince Shen Wei now that Zhao Yunlan is doing nothing but protecting him. Shen Wei glared at him before he gritted his teeth. As per him, none of this would have transpired had it not been for Yunlan showing up unannounced.    

"This is all your fault. If you had not dong wrong so far, I wouldn't have to bear such a burden to clean up after your messes." It seemed that Zhao Yunlan could no longer see a way to salvage the situation if Shen Wei is this rebellious. His pride would also not let him admit that he had been at fault for protecting a culprit to the extent of betraying himself and the law he serves. It was simply easier to never blame anyone.