Cha-pter *12*

Zhao Yunlan was standing by the door, quietly watching the sleeping Shen Wei. Once his breathing indicated that he was asleep, a cold expression settled on Zhao's face. He surprisingly felt his adorable man was more like a devil in disguise. He checked those weird medication in his hand again and gave Wei one final look before he dialed a number and walked outside the hospital room.

When Shen Wei opened his eyes again, Zhao Yunlan was not in the room. A ray of sunshine peeked through the gap between the curtains. Shen Wei was astounded that it was still morning. He inspected the room around him but was different and small. His head and parts of his body were bandaged. He layed in bed thinking about the last events he could remember.

Shen Wei Suddenly saw himself falling from a high dark place while being hugged strongly by Hen Chen who shielded him with his body and bore the force of collision to protect him. He got up abruptly from the hospital bed and fell in a state of panic. His facial expression changed from shocked to scared, then terrified.

"Hen Chen!" He called loudly before the door to his room opened. His grandfather came in with few doctors and nurses. He looked at Wei and saw how many expressions he put on his face. Shen Bai was both worried and frightened, knowing that Shen Wei would not spare him this time.

"Where is he?" With a fierce face Shen Wei asked. And with a shaking hand, he pointed to his grandpa retreating figure. His face couldn't be painted. He was too frightened to utter even a single word. 

"I am so sorry, Shen Wei Ah!" Shen Bai wailed mournfully.

"Take me to him" Shen Bai assumed that Wei wasn't listening as he said thay. He raised his voice and shouted.

"He is dead, can't you get it? That all happened because of you, running in the wild at night" Upon hearing that, Shen Wei took a calm breath and answered indifferently.

"You are a liar" His grandpa paused, his tongue tied. He would have never thought that Shen Wei would talk to him in such ways. He was too shocked to even utter a word. Shen Wei smiled to him creepily then he continued on with his cold and uncaring tone.   

"Even if he is dead, you have to bring him back to me or I will poison you and send you to the afterlife. And don't tell me it's my fault you old useless man. Everything bad happening in this family is your fault. If you didn't cheat on grandma and made her fall ill on the first place, my mom and dad wouldn't have divorced. And that woman would have never set foot in our house and mistreated me and my brother" That statement made Shen Bai burst with fury.

"I hate myself for not letting you die in the cold water of that river. You poisonous child!" That vicious disclaim sounded like Shen Wei was the big burden of his old man's life.     He felt his heart sank. In the past, he would feel sad hearing something similar but today he just wished he was dead truly. He felt his heart was beating so fast. Not because he was scared, but because his anger was slowly filling the brim of his patience.

His gut feeling was telling him that his grandfather was toying with him and lying about Hen Chen's death. He stopped complaining and sat on the bed. He took a long breath, unable to talk. There were only three words that kept on repeating in his mind "He is dead" The very thought made Shen Wei tremble with fear. He grabbed his old man's hand and stammered,

"Please I am begging you, tell me where he is and I will do anything you want. Please!" His innocence made Shen Bai puzzled whether to say or keep silent and proceed with his secret plan. All along, Shen Wei knew that the fall from the cliff was very dangerous and could kill anyone especially on that stormy night. But he had little hope that Hen Chen could still be alive. 

"I am sorry Shen Wei Ah"

"No, no, no, nooooooo" Shen Wei fell into a state of panic before doctors ran to him injecting some kind of drug into his arm. He soon fell into a deep sleep while tears still dripping from his eyes. Shen Bai heaved a long sigh of relief and wiped the cold sweat off his forehead. At last, he was in control of his emotions again after he told Shen Wei what he wanted him to believe.