Cha-pter *27*

Yunlan and the others were warned that the mental hospital was in the East End, far away from the city. While they were driving, Yunlan gazed disdainfully upon his phone. He kept checking location status, medical staff, patients and at last the reputation of the place his lover was hospitalized in. To his surprise it wasn't a good place, he couldn't wait to be there and take Shen Wei out.

"Not a high class place at all, this place is spooky and sordid, I can't believe my Wei is staying in one of these disgusting rooms" Zhao Yunlan mumbled. A feeling of worry and nervousness had been consuming his heart and mind. He could never stop thinking about his lover, how he was spending his time there, what was he eating, or how was he being treated. Yunlan looked troubled as he didn't stop sighting and asking for the time remained to reach their destination.

"We should have taken a helicopter" Yunlan furiously argued, his stomach twisting into knots. This place was so far to reach. He didn't look patient in the slightest. He huffed in annoyance, shooting Yu Tong a nasty look when he did his best to ignore it and Yunlan's attempts to provoke a fight. After several hours of driving under the pressure of Yunlan's incessant complains. Yu Tong finally looked at the end of the road to see a long wall running on both sides of the forest, in the middle of which was an iron gate bordered by barbed wire and numerous surveillance cameras.

"This looks more like a prison not a at all a hospital!" He exclaimed in astonishment. The door suddenly opened, revealing a man who appeared to be in his early forties, with a dark brown mustache and beard. He was tall and rather bony with sunken cheeks and deep-set eyes. He was wearing a white uniform looked like a doctor or maybe a nurse. He regarded them for a moment through his spectacles, then smiled.

The men stepped out of the car before Yu Tong grabbed into Yunlan's shoulder to reduce his rush towards the door. They waited untill Xin Ci and the others joined them. Few minutes later they walked towards the strong man who was probably standing there to welcome their visit. Yunlan had a bad inner sense. He was feeling uneasy and afraid, as if he was going to be imprisoned here forever. He felt shortness of breath and dizziness, but he pulled himself hard and made his expression firm to look strong.

"Detective Bai Yu Tong and this is detective Zhao Yunlan! We are here for a patient called Shen Wei" Bai Yu Tong raised his detective badge and showed it to the man while smiling. Not even costing a glance at it, the bony man welcomed them without hesitation. He was sure prepared and totally expecting such a visit from the police.

"And you are?!" Yunlan impatiently stood in the man's face daring him. The stranger was smiling back to Yu Tong, however, the smile parted with his lips the moment Yunlan stepped in. He knew he was the one he was supposed to avoid.

"You are wearing an earphone, it's a unique gadget. Are you a security guard?" Yunlan asked sharply trying to send him fear. Seeing the man's face changed colour suddenly became pale. He simply nodded, signaling to them to follow him inside.

"Indeed, the hospital diector is expecting you" The man said, clearing the doorway.

"I've been expecting you. I trust you had a pleasant trip?" The doctor and his medical staff were waiting in front of the hospital entrance. By looking into their behavior, Yunlan and Yu Tong understood that something suspicious was happening. Anxiety and nervousness were visible on the nurses 'faces, but the doctor and his assistant tried to hide their fear and the secret together.

"Don't waste our time, where is Shen Wei?" Yunlan immediately asked, bustling in and taking in the messy hall with a frown. He found himself walking alone so he stopped and glared at the men behind him, the look on their faces thumped inside his heart, morphing into a whirlwind that threatened to catch him in its vortex. He dreaded being inside this place and wanted so bad to take Shen Wei out of this shit.