Cha-pter *28*

The two women, equal in stature, stood scowling at each other with Shen Wei in between them. The atmosphere in the living room quickly turned hostile and the day darkened in a sudden instant. Shen Wei felt terrified and was at a loss for words. The woman who pretended to be nice looked no longer like his kindhearted wife. The other woman's thin lips curled into a careless half-smile, her eyes radiating nonchalance. She gave Wei a creepy chuckle.

"What do you want?" Yelled Shen Wei in a stoic, dangerous voice. He seemed to have seen through the two women's ruse.

As Shen Wei inclined his eyes, he was pushed harshly to fall on the floor. The two devilish women laughed at him with mockery almost at the same time. Shen Wei immediately retreated few steps back. He glared at them with piercing eyes, cutting their laughter with his silent gaze. Soon Lan Yi and Wang retracted quickly, as if slashed by a knife. A small boy came out from the darkness making his way between the two women and his face soon showed up and was clear to Shen Wei.

"Han Chen?!" Shen Wei breathed desperately before an intimidating look came over Han Chen's face. The people in front of Wei were nearly at daggers drawn. Wei had been cautiously watching the volatile exchange directed to him with terror when he decided to stand up in haste.

"That man is not Han Chen because I am here Shen Wei. I am dead, can't you see? I am dead, you killed me. You killed me, you killed me..." Without sparing another glance to that livid boy, Shen Wei marched slowly backwards to the door. He wanted to run but the door wouldn't open and the three people were walking closer to him holding death in their eyes ready to murder him.

"Yunlan! Yunlan! Yunlan......" Shen Wei was screaming in his sleep. When Zhao Yunlan's sleep was startled by the sudden screams. He heaved a long sigh before waking up Shen Wei.

"How many days have passed already? Your condition is not improving at all Wei Wei Ah!" Shen Wei cracked open his eyes slowly, looking around the room like a thief who had been caught doing wrong. He looked like he was searching for somebody.

"What is it? Are you looking for me?" A man's voice came from nearby. The very next second, the devastatingly handsome face of his boyfriend materialized in front of him. Shen Wei felt the terrible pounding of his heart when he realized that they were the only ones in the room. Suddenly, a sentence flashed through his mind.

"I can't trust this man, he is not Han Chen" He thought internally feeling a little bit uncomfortable and disappointed.

"You........... are..........not Han Chen, my boy is dead long ago...........and if you were him, you would at least remember.............. something about us" Shen Wei stuttered awkwardly before he could make his statement clear, however, it did not make any sense to Yunlan who looked very worried. Shen Wei struggled to sit up and braced himself against the bed headboard, abstaining from meeting Yunlan's eyes.

"Do you not believe me? I swear, I am your Han Chen babe" Yunlan arched his dashing eyebrow at Shen Wei as he plopped down on the bed. He grabbed his chin gently, nudging him closer. Their breaths seemed to mingle as the distance dissolved between them. For a moment, Shen Wei's mind went blank at the closeness. He inhaled sharply, wondering how this man could be so soft and so bold at the same time

"If you don't believe me, I will force you to. Use your heart Shen Wei and you will see me clearly" Yunlan was not the type to give up easily. He never expected to be the man Shen Wei loved his whole life. This delicate, lovely man turned out to be his long lost soulmate. Yunlan's shoulders shook with silent laughter. It was confusing, but intriguing how Wei looked clueless. Yunlan jerked forward and the latter flinched. He reached out and put one of his palms against the wall next to Shen Wei's head. Within moments, he had him caged in his embrace.