S1 12. Extra mini-chapter 1: Ada's slip

I just felt like writing a fun short chapter in between the main story.

Now that you are here I want to remind you: there's only 2 more chapters 'til the end of the story! Isn't that great!?

Aqua's POV

It was Saturday and I was getting ready to leave to go training at the agency when I suddenly heard knocking on my door.

I quickly hid the bag in my closet with the rest of my agent things and went up to the door and opened it.

-What's up?- I asked to the three in front of my door.

That's right, Ada, Calm and Mars were there with nervous smiles on their faces like they knew they had done something wrong.

-Eh...- Ada tried to say something nervously.

-Have you broken something?- I asked boringly, not wanting to be part of whatever they had done.

-NO! At least... well, WE DON'T KNOW!- Calm answered chuckling nervously.

-I don't want to be a part of this- I said as I started closing the door.

-No! Please, stop! I have gotten locked out because I forgot my target inside my room. Please, you know where everything is in the highschool. Bring us wherever we can ask for help! Please!

I sighed.

And what are these two doing here?- I asked pointing at Calm and Mars.

-WE ARE HERE TO GIVE MORAL SUPPORT!- Calm shouted proudly.

-I asked them for help and they didn't know so I told them to at least come with me- Ada explained.

-Well... yes...- Mars said not wanting to look at me.

Note this, it can be helpful. She seems to be afraid of me because she knows I know she is an octarian.

Noted!

-Anyways, you two can go now. Ada, wait here I have to get something and I'll unlock your door.

-YOU CAN DO THAT?- Calm and Ada asked at the same time.

-Yeah, now, you two can go I'll open that door in no time.

-OK...- Mars said nervously not really wanting to be there while Calm nodded unsurely. They then left.

I left the door open while I searched in my bedside table for a magnet.

-Can I come in?- Ada asked with a sad expression.

-Yeah- I said while turning to look at her and noticed her sad look-, what's the matter?

-What? Nothing. I'm OK- She said making me grow suspicious.

-Short fast answers can mean that you are out of breath, using a lot of strength, trying to hide something from someone...- I commented, highlighting the last one.

-It's just, I'm worried about you... You look a lot more serious than you looked before meeting Mars, do you hate her?- she confessed.

Ada's POV

Or like her?

Aqua's POV

Welp, I have been so worried trying to get information out of Mars I forgot to seem more cheerful, thus gaining Ada's suspicion. Just great.

You can solve it easily, just do it. We still have to go on our training.

Right.

-I don't really hate her, she just reminds me of someone else that I do hate.

Half truths for the win!

Heheh

-Oh, OK! I suppose I was getting worried over nothing.

-Yeah, heh...

-And who is that person that you do hate?

...

Octavio...

-Aqu-

-I rather not talk about him- I cut her harshly.

-OK then...

An awkward silence filled the room while I stormed through cupboards searching for a magnet.

While I was doing that I realized Ada had closed the door.
I don't know why but I gulped nervously. I decided to keep searching.

-And... what are you looking for?

-A thingy.

-What kind of thingy?

-A metallic magnetic thingy.

-A what?!

-A magnet, Ada.

-Oh, you can open the door with a magnet?

-Yeah, the cards are also magnetic, they activate a mechanism that opens the door. If you have a strong enough magnet and precision you can open these kind of doors.

-Oh, I can help you find it then- she said confidently as she walked to the closet.

I had just noticed the magnet inside of one of the cupboards when I suddenly heard this.

I panicked and used The Speed to run in front of her and grabbed her hands before she opened the closet.

-It's not really necessary- I said a little bit nervous while looking at her to the eyes.

-O-Ok...? W-Why though?- she answered even more nervous than I was.

-I just found it, so it's OK.

-G-Great then... c-can you l-let go?

I suddenly realized our situation: Iwas holding her hands firmly and our faces were a few centimetres away.

-O-Oh, yeah, sorry.

I grabbed the magnet and went up to the door.

She was bright red and I could tell I was too.

-You coming?

-Yeah!

I quickly unlocked her door, letting her in. She thanked me and I went back to my room, got my things and left to train.