S1 14. Chapter 10: A mission

Return all creation to cinders,
and come frome the abyss!

Aqua's POV

I was walking discreetly into the agency. I didn't want aunt Callie to jump on me again (It was only fun until I started suffocating).
I looked around and went into the manhole that granted the entrance to the Octo Canyon.

I emerged on the other side and quickly moved away since I realised that aunt Callie was there... waiting... for her prey...

She jumped just after I had gotten out the way, causing her to just crash onto the ground.

-Hey! You're supposed to stay still!- she complained.

-And let you suffocate me? No thanks- I mocked her.

She was about to say something when Cap'n interrupted.

-There you are bucko! C'mon, Marie is dyin' to get this mission done.

-She's worried about the Inkopolis running out of energy- Callie muttered.

Come on, you shouldn't make your aunt wait.

Right.

-I'll be going now, then- I answered.

-Right behind ya, bucko.

We went to the meeting room only to find Marie buried within tons of paper.

We got her attention and the reunion began.

We all presented the information we had:
Callie had talked to Sheldon and our weapons had been upgraded.
Marie had gotten images and information from Mars.
I had deducted Mars' behavior and interests.
And finally, Cap'n had gathered information by spying on the octarians around the base.

We put together all the information, located Octavio's base and made a plan.

We agreed on sending Cap'n while at night in order to make sure that we knew exactly where the base was and start the mission "Rescue the Great Zapfish" tomorrow evening.

The day went by quickly. Before I knew it, classes were over. We exited our main classroom and I rushed off to get changed and go to the Octo Canyon in order to finally rescue the Great Zapfish.

-Hey! Don't forget about me!- Ada shouted behind me.

-Sorry, I have to hurry, I'm going to go see my aunts.

-Did you get a pass?

Girl, we always have a pass.

Yup, but she doesn't need to know.

-Yeah, got it yesterday. Gotta go! Bye!- I said as I rushed to the dorms.

Everything was ready. I was ready.

Let's do this.

You got it, kiddo.

Yeah!

I jumped into the manhole and stood up, hoping to see aunt Callie or the Cap'n around.

I was surprised to see aunt Marie anxiously exiting the Cuttlefish Cabin.

-There you are! Took you long enough. Callie is getting the weapons ready, get your gear and let me know when you're able to set off. Gramps didn't return last night, we have his location and the rescue mission also includes him now.