S1 8. Chapter 6: First day: Start!

I beseech thee, combine with my deep crimson.

_________________________________________
The teacher told us to pick our seats and quiet down as she started making sure everyone was here.

Ada and I sat down in our seats and I put the sheet inside my folder.

And so the first day had begun!
_________________________________________

Aqua's POV

People finished chatting and finally quieted down. Everyone had sat down except for 2 students. One of them started an argument with an innocent one.

The teacher told the other student to sit near the front and she simply nodded and did as she was told.

However, the one that started the argument wasn't so lucky.
The teacher walked up to him and stood there just looking at the scene. The one trying to protect his seat looked at her with a confused face. Once the bully-wannabe noticed this, he spun around.
Once he did this, the teacher simply said:

-Go on, go on. We've already lost 10 minutes but I don't care. I already know what's my timetable. If you shut up and sit down maybe I'll tell you yours so you know where to go but you can keep going if you want.

-Hum... OK? The thing is, he stole my seat!-bully protested.

-Did you buy it?-she asked.

-No, bu-

-Then it's not yours. Now go and sit there -she pointed to a seat at the end of the class- and stop annoying your classmates! I won't ask you to be friends but I will ask you to not annoy them as you're stuck with them all the year.

He sighed and mumbled something. I don't think it was family friendly...

The teacher then went to the front of the class and presented hereself.

-That's settled then. My name is Heather Newts. I will address at you however I want. If I feel like I know you well enough I will call you by your name but if I don't, then I will use your last name.

That's interesting.

-I will be your homeroom teacher and your science teacher. Let's start by checking if everyone is here.

She started calling everyone's names and we just raised our hands whenever she said our name. Once she had finished she said.

-OK. I will not remember your names at all. So don't worry if I don't know your name by the end of the year.

We started looking at each other with surprised faces.

She is really honest.

-Moving on, here's your timetables and a sheet that you have to fill up in order to give it to me tomorrow.

She gave us everything and kept explaining things like: how are we going to work, where will our rooms be, what are the rules, where does the people that smoke usually go, the free locations of the playground, which teachers are the most strict, where can we hide our phones so the strict teachers don't confiscate it, which teachers are chill...

I don't think I've ever had such a great teacher.

She's really cool!

The class ended so we went to our next class. As it was Wednesday and Ms. Newts had spent two hours in explained everything (she had maximum two hours to explain it because it was the first time) we looked up in our timetables the third class and sighed in annoyance.