23 || A band of dilinquents

A cry for help snapped the tension between the dwarves and the elves

A cry for help snapped the tension between the dwarves and the elves. Kili, who had not been with the group, was grabbed and dragged by a stray spider.

"Kili!" Fili shouted to his brother, but the elves would not let him run to him.

Three more spiders ran to help their brother attack Kili. A female elf rushed to his aid as she slashed and shot the spiders. Kili looked to her as another spider sprinted towards him. "Throw me a dagger, quick!"

"If you think I'm giving you a weapon, dwarf..." she continued to fight with the spider before stabbing it and throwing the knife into the spider behind Kili. "You are mistaken." Kili was tossed back into the group of dwarves.

"Search them!" The blonde elf commanded.

The dwarves began to complain and fuss as their belongings were stripped from them. An elf dug through Fili's coat, pulling out weapon after weapon.

The female elf approached Leo and kneeled in front of her, noticing she was not putting up a fight like the others. Leo looked her in the eyes as the she-elf seemed to take some pity on the small hobbit.

"I assume I can trust you to hand over what you have?" The elf held out her hand. Leo sighed heavily and released her axe from her harness, placing it into the elf's hand along with her backpack. "Is this all?" Leo nodded, the elf knew she could trust her as she was obviously not like the others and seemed very out of place among them.

A male elf looked at the she-elf confused and grabbed Leo. "Surely you don't trust this..."

The she-elf huffed in annoyance. "Hobbit."

The elf nodded, "hobbit. She's with a pack of dwarves!" The elf began to search her small body.

"Aye!" A shout caught the elf off guard as he whipped around to Fili, who was still being searched. "Watch where you put your hands there, slimeball." He warned with narrowed eyes. The elf rolled his eyes and continued until he deemed Leo to be clean of any other weapons. The she-elf looked curiously at the dwarf and his protectivness towards the hobbit.

The blonde elf searched Gloin as he pulled out a locket with two photos. "Who is this? Your brother?"

"That is my wife!"

The elf scoffed and looked at the other photo. "And what is this horrid creature? A Goblin Mutant?"

"That's my wee lad, Gimli!"

Leo walked up to Gloin, wandering as she pleased as they had either forgotten about her or deemed her as no threat, and looked at the photos the elf held out with a face of disgust. "You have a beautiful family, Gloin."

"Why thank ye, lass."

Leo looked back to the elf who scoffed and glared at her. Leo, however, did not return the glare as she just looked at him disapprovingly. The elf felt a pang of guilt in his stomach as if he were a child that had been scolded by his mother for bullying. That feeling quickly subsided as he continued his search.

Leo scanned the grumbling dwarves and landed on Fili. The elf searching him was still pulling weapon after weapon out of his coat. Fili looked smugly at the elf as he handed him two batons, hoping he would not search further. The elf reached under the fur of Fili's jacket and pulled out a knife, Fili grunted in disappointment that all his hidden blades were being taken from him. Fili gripped the fur on his coat as if to say 'no more' until the elf reached behind his back to full yet another blade from him. Leo watched in amusement, she had no idea he had that many weapons on him - it was quite impressive.

The she-elf and the blonde elf began to speak in their native tongue.

"Are the spiders dead?" The elf asked.

"Yes, but more will come. They're growing bolder." The she-elf looked worriedly at him.

The two looked back at the dwarves and both glanced at the hobbit that watched the elves conduct their search. "Why is she not being watched?" He grumbled.

The she-elf chuckled. "Are you afraid of her?"

He scoffed. "Of course not. But we do not know her purpose among this band of delinquents. She could be dangerous."

Leo kicked her feet gently over the ground and twiddled her fingers.

The she-elf could not help but laugh this time. "Yes, I think you're right. She looks deadly. Mend her in chains!" The elf rolled his eyes. "She's fine, Legolas. Leave her be." The she-elf walked away as Legolas watched the hobbit curiously.

Legolas approached another elf that held out a sword to him. He moved it around in his hands to get a better look. "This is an ancient Elvish blade. Forged by my kin." He looked at Thorin. "Where did you get this?"

"It was given to me."

Legolas pointed the edge of the sword at Thorin. "Not just a thief, but a liar as well." He called to his army to lead the dwarves away.

Bofur, who was being shoved away, turned to Thorin. "Thorin, where's Bilbo?"

Thorin whipped his head around to look for any sign of the hobbit. He spotted Leo who was trying to catch up to the group. "I don't know where he is, Thorin." She spoke as if she could read his mind as she followed him.

Leo felt bad for lying to Thorin. She knew exactly where Bilbo was. Well...not exactly. But she knew he had slipped on the ring to get away from the elves, so he was most likely not far behind.

And he was not far behind at all, actually, Bilbo trailed right behind the caravan of dwarves through the gates made of roots and blue glass. The gate shut and Bilbo looked at it worriedly, unsure of what he was going to do next.

The dwarves and Leo were led down a narrow staircase into the dungeon. The walls were lined with many cells which the dwarves were shoved into as they reached the bottom. Leo was at the tail end of dwarves, behind the elves that kept the dwarves in line. The she-elf glanced back to see the hobbit slowly making her way down the stairs. She stopped to wait for Leo to catch up.

"You're very dosile for someone who is roaming around with a dwarf pack."

Leo looked up at her. "I am not a dwarf. I'm sure you can see that. I guess I'm just more of a mild mannered race."

"Yes. You are a hobbit." Leo nodded. "All the more strange."

Leo and the she-elf made it to the bottom of the stairs where she was led to a cell next to Fili. He looked through the bars at her worriedly, Leo smiled at him as she walked into her cell unproblematically. The elf looked at her attentively. "What is your name, little one?"

"Leona, or just Leo."

She nodded and closed the cell door. Leo took a seat against the wall. She could hear Fili mumbling to himself in the cell next to her.

"How on earth did you manage to hide all of those weapons?"

She heard him chuckle. "My dear, you should know I am a dwarf of many talents."

She heard a dwarf burst into laughter a bit away and knew it was Kili. Leo found herself chuckling as Fili and Kili began to bicker from across cells. She curled up and tucked her knees to her chest, letting out a sigh.