13 || Goblin Town

The company rolled and tumbled down the rock tunnels until they were thrown out onto a ledge surrounded by a wooden cage

The company rolled and tumbled down the rock tunnels until they were thrown out onto a ledge surrounded by a wooden cage. The pile of dwarves were suddenly surrounded by the grabbing and biting of hundreds of goblins. The dwarves fought as they had managed to knock a few goblins off the ledge, but there were still too many. The dwarves were roughly shoved down the wooden walkways and bridges. Bilbo ducked down to avoid the goblins' grabs and had managed to go unseen by them as they were occupied with the squirming dwarves. Leo, who was at the end of the hoard of goblins, glanced back to see Bilbo hunkered down. Bilbo glanced up to meet the terrified eyes of his little sister as, to keep his cover, he silently mouthed 'it will be ok.' Leo nodded as she was flung further into the group.

Bilbo whimpered to himself as Leo's face ran through his head. Merlin, protect her. He quickly crawled out of sight in case a goblin decided to check if anyone was missing. He watched the dwarves get shoved further into the dark labyrinth until they were all out of sight. The sound of grunts and growls died down for the moment.

Bilbo held his still glowing sword as plans to rescue the dwarves and his sister spiraled in his head. He scurried across the platform until a stray goblin launched itself at Bilbo. The two fought until their thrashing and punches caused Bilbo to lose his balance as he and the goblin tumbled down into the abyss of the cave.

o o o o o o o o o o o o

The dwarves continued to punch and elbow the slimy goblins as they were lead deeper into the cave; Leo did not fight as she knew there was no use for her to even try at the moment. The goblins didn't have a hold on her like they did the others, they would only shove her when she got too slow. She found herself behind Fili and took the opportunity to grab onto him for some semblance of reassurance. Fili whipped his head around to see her big green eyes staring at him - he stopped fighting for the moment and focused on keeping her right by his side.

The dark trails eventually began to lead into an open space lit by fire. Skulls and bones lined the rails of the bridges. Thousands of goblins swung above and around the company on the numerous bridges and pathways that lined the walls of the cave. The goblins cheered and laughed at the dwarves. The company approached a throne that seated a gigantic, obese goblin with a crown of vine and rib bones. The goblins shoved the dwarves and hobbit forward to stand before their king. Leo gripped onto Fili's coat and peeked around his arms to look at the goblin king who lifted himself off of his throne and crush a few smaller goblins under his feet.

"Who would be so bold as to come armed into my kingdom? Spies? Thieves? Assassins?" His hot, foul breath wafted over the company. Leo nearly gagged.

"Dwarves, your Malevolence." One goblin spoke.

"Dwarves?"

"We found them on the front porch." He spoke proudly.

"Well don't just stand there, search them! Every crack, every crevice!" The goblins, once again, grabbed the dwarves as they fought against them. Leo decided to fight this time as she refused to give up her axe - they took it anyway.