8 || Trolls

A/N: Long chapter! Also, probably my favorite chapter so far. Enjoy!

Leo's POV:

Leo's POV:

I sat under that tree for maybe an hour and found that I kept dozing off. The smell of Bombur's stew wafted through my nose which woke up my body a bit more. My stomach growled viciously at me. I rose from my spot gently as to not crush the sweet little flower in my fingers. Stretching my arms high above my head, I stumbled a bit since my backside had grown numb from sitting for so long. Once I regained some feeling in my legs, I made my way towards the heavenly smell and saw Bilbo jogging to me as I emerged from the woods.

"Where have you been?" He put his hands on his hips.

"Not far. I just wanted to clear my head. And stay out of Thorin's sight for a while." Bilbo nodded at my last statement. I opened my backpack and pulled out one of my older maps of Middle Earth. I unfolded it and laid the flower inside then closing it like you would a book to preserve the flower.

"Picked some flowers, did you?" Bilbo smiled.

"Uhh...yeah. Something like that."

He raised an eyebrow suspiciously but didn't press further. "Are you hungry?"

"Starving!" I briskly walked to the fire to retrieve my share of stew. I looked around and noticed I saw everyone except for Fili and Kili - I wonder where those two are. I see Thorin sitting on a log, eating his stew, and talking to Dwalin. I guess he could tell I was looking at him and makes eye contact with me - he simply nods. Maybe he's not upset with me anymore. I should probably try to talk with him later and apologize. I'll let him be for now.

I realized Bilbo was following me to the campfire when I abruptly stopped and he ran into my back.

"Watcht it, tiny." He rolls his eyes at my attempt to be intimidating.

"He's been a long time," Bilbo stated as he looked off into the distance.

"Who?" Bofur asked while he prepared my bowl of stew.

"Gandalf."

"He's a wizard! He does as he chooses." He handed me my bowl and then handed two bowls to Bilbo. "Do us a favor, take this to the lads." Bofur smacks Bombur away as he reaches into the pot. "Stop it, you've had plenty."

I assume he means Fili and Kili - in which case I am now interested in this stew delivery job Bilbo has acquired.

"I'll help!" I take a bowl from Bilbo and sat mine down on a nearby log.

Bofur grins at my eagerness. "What?"

"Oh, nothing lass. You two go on before it gets cold!"

Bilbo and I make our way to where the ponies are being kept. We get there to see Fili and Kili staring at the ponies with looks of concern.