38 || Forge and fight

Thorin rounded up all of the company except one - Fili

Thorin rounded up all of the company except one - Fili. He scanned over the dwarves but couldn't see his nephew anywhere. He growled.

"Kili! Where's your brother?"

Leo perked up at the mention of Fili.

"I don't know."

Thorin then looked to Leo. "I don't know, Thorin."

"Thorin, I'll go get him," Dwalin spoke as he began to leave the hall.

Thorin grabbed his arm. "Where is he?"

Dwalin didn't answer for a moment. "In the forge. But I'll go get him."

Thorin narrowed his eyes suspiciously before storming in the direction of the forge. Dwalin just sighed.

"The forge?" Leo whispered to herself. "Bilbo," he appeared at her side. "The gold and the burn...he's forging something."

Bilbo raised his brow. "Why? And what?"

"I don't know...why did he keep it from me." Leo pondered troubledly.

"I don't - " Realization hit Bilbo as a small smile formed on his lips. "Don't move." He took off after Thorin.

"Where are you going?"

"I'll be back!" He was suddenly out of view.

-------------------------

Thorin angrily trudged down the stairs to the forge until the sound of hammering was heard. Approaching the crushed gates, he stormed inside and followed the sound to the single-forges behind the furnaces. He eventually saw the sweaty and shirtless back of Fili as he hammered something vigorously over an anvil. Whatever it was, it was too small to see from his view. Thorin watched his nephew curiously until he saw a bucket sat next to him that was filled with gold coins. All reason left Thorin at the sight.

Fili had stopped hammering for the moment as he heaved for breath and wiped his forehead on his arm.

"My own kin steals from my treasure!" Thorin shouted as he approached Fili angrily. Fili whipped around wide-eyed.  "Out from under my nose! You should be ashamed - " Thorin's angry gaze turned away from Fili and to the anvil where something tiny glimmering with gold and green sat - it was a ring.