49 || A New Era

Leo awoke to the sound of birds outside of her window, her limbs spread in every direction while still not covering even a portion of the bed

Leo awoke to the sound of birds outside of her window, her limbs spread in every direction while still not covering even a portion of the bed. She had opened the window slightly before she went to sleep - she had gotten so used to the cool breeze of the morning while they were on their quest. Rolling over, she stretched her body with a groan and a content sigh. Deciding she needed five more minutes, because she was far too comfortable, Leo snuggled into the warm blanket and closed her eyes.

A gentle knock on her door made her stir slightly after her additional twenty minutes of sleep. The door creaked open but she didn't bother to open her eyes.

"Well this room is...a bit eccentric isn't it."

Leo's eyes shot open as she sat up with a smile. "Bilbo!" Hopping off the bed, she rushed and jumped into her brother's arms. Bilbo laughed and hugged her tightly. "What are you doing here?"

"Did you think I would miss this party? Not a chance. Especially considering how much I've missed a good party...and a party with dwarves at that! Couldn't pass it up. You look awful."

Leo frowned and shuffled to her vanity, sitting on the stool as she began to fix her unruly hair. Bilbo strolled around the room. "How long are you staying?"

"Until tomorrow evening I think. I'd like to gauge how many people you're expecting...?"

Leo laughed. "I don't know. I guess we'll find out tonight how many dwarves we have at least. But I have a few extras in mind."

Suddenly, the door flew open as a dwarf woman walked in. She was large and round with hefty features. Her thick red hair was braided into multiple loops and buns, her red short red beard and bushy red eyebrows added to her intimidating appearance; however, her kind brown eyes contrasted those harsh features. She held a white piece of fabric over her arm.

The woman eyed the hobbits curiously with a gentle smile

The woman eyed the hobbits curiously with a gentle smile. "Good morning, Lady Leo. I'm Gidal, your maid. I'm to wait on you and help you with tasks as queen...or anything really."

Leo smiled. "Very nice to meet you, Gidal. I know I'll be needing a lot of help so I'm glad to have you. This is Bilbo, my brother.

Gidal nodded her head to him. "Pleasure, Master Baggins. I've come so you can try on your dress for the banquet tonight. Usually, you would get to have a say on what the dress is to look like; however, we have such a short time until tonight and it is custom to wear white for an engagement. I took it upon myself to make a dress I found suitable for you." Gidal unfolded the fabric and held it up in front of her for Leo to see. The dress was white silk with long sleeves and V-neckline. Leo assumed it was supposed to be tea-length but it seemed far too long.