50 || Cheaper by the Thousands

(Little important A/N before you start: I'm changing the description of the dress and I will also go back to chapter 2 and change it as well

(Little important A/N before you start: I'm changing the description of the dress and I will also go back to chapter 2 and change it as well. Enjoy!)

The festivities of the banquet lasted for hours as the attendees danced and celebrated. Leo walked around beside Fili as he introduced her to many dwarves she did not know - they were all thrilled to meet her and welcomed her to the Kingdom. Leo was shocked by the sudden change in the dwarves' perspectives on her after Fili's words - then again, they would have inspired maybe even the angriest of orcs. She had many dwarf children give her flowers as they bowed or curtsied to her, causing her heart to cry at the cuteness of the little hairy children.

Leo stood by Fili, who held her flowers for her, as he spoke to a few dwarves about construction. Leo tried to uphold a face of interest when she was actually extremely bored with the topics. Glancing around the hall, she spotted her friends scattered about as she realized she had not said hello to them. Gently rubbing Fili's arm, she nodded towards them and he smiled in response.

Moving through the crowd, she eventually made it to Gandalf and Radagast. Radagast beamed when he saw her. "Oh! Hello, little one!"

"Hello, Radagast! Hello, Gandalf."

Gandalf, letting smoke slip from his lips, smiled fondly. "Fili offered quite a proposal for the kingdom...he will be one of the greatest kings this realm has seen...a less stubborn one, at least."

Leo could feel tears in her eyes at the pride she felt for her prince and knowing the support he had behind him made her feel so at ease. "He really will. Thank you."

"And you!" Radagast began. "A queen of great decorum! You have somehow managed to gain the respect of the dwarves! Unheard of!"

Leo and Gandalf laughed. "Thank you, Radagast. I'll do my best to stay in their favor." She glanced over to see Legolas, Taurial, and Elrond speaking among themselves. "If you two will excuse me?"

"Of course! Mingle!"

Making her way to them, Elrond was the first to notice her approaching. "Well look here my friends, we have been graced with the presence of the queen. Hello, Leona." He reached his hand down to her.

Grinning, she took his hand. "Elrond, it's so good to see you. Legolas, Tauriel, thank you for coming."

"Thank you, Leo. It feels...odd, standing here among dwarves and only receiving five scoffs." Legolas smiled. "I apologize for my father's absence but he sends his warmest regards to you and Fili."

"Thank you, Legolas. Hopefully, he can make it to the wedding, hm?"

Tauriel looked at her confused. "Your wedding?...you want us to come?"

"Of course! Though you may only be elves to the dwarves, to me you are friends. Friends who I made on the quest that changed my life - I think that counts for something."