16

On the way to our dressing room, we ran onto Arin and Soobin, who greeted us and wished us a great debut stage.

I was relieved not to cross paths with Yeonjun.

After we got ready, Manager Woo walked us to the stage and I felt my heart pounding hard. As the hosts introduced us, we heard the crowd scream in excitement.

I grabbed Jennie's hand.

" It's gonna be alright " she smiled. " I know you'll be amazing, as always. "

" ...and now please welcome them warmly, with their debut song Diamond, this is Python ! " Soobin announced and we walked on the stage.

We quickly got in positions while the room went dark and I held my breath while closing my eyes for a second.

Director Kim's words echoed in my mind.

" Never forget to have fun. "

The first notes of the song started, and even though my mind was still quite nervous, my body seemed to know exactly what to do, how to move, when to sing.

It felt amazing and as the song ended, all I wanted to do was performing it again. I had the brightest smile stuck on my face as I gave a final look to the camera before the lights went off again.

Backstage, the Aespa girls applauded us, they were next to perform but still took the time to congratulate and hug us.

When they left, another group was waiting for us with their manager. TXT, minus Soobin who was still in the interview-box-presenter-waiting-room-thing with Arin. Of course.

Minju and Dayoung, who seemed to have befriended Taehyun and Huening Kai, ran towards them, while Beomgyu and Yeonjun shyly came to Jennie, Minnie, Soojin and I.

" You killed it ! " we heard Huening Kai say excitedly.

" Yeah... " Beomgyu started, more calmly. " You were really good, you can be proud of yourselves " he hinted a smile and looked up at me.

" Really ? We were so nervous, I hope nobody made a mistake " Minnie-unnie covered her mouth.

" No, it was perfect, really " Yeonjun added with a low voice.

The other boys joined.

" Soojin girl, that split you did so effortlessly, I could never " Taehyun fanboyed.

" Hahaha, thank you " she laughed.

" Shouldn't we... you know " Minju kept making her eyebrows bounce as she was trying to tell something to the others.

They seemed to all understand as they all nodded frenetically before pretending they all had something to do. Even our respective managers followed them.

Leaving me and Yeonjun alone in the room.

" Should we go on a walk ? " I offered, quite determined to find answers to my questions.

" We're performing soon, I should go " he just said, not looking at me once.

Oh so now he was the one avoiding me ? After posting private photos on his Instagram ? I really needed to go home as soon as possible to contact Mark.

_____

3rd lockdown in my country 😗✌🏻

at least it means ill have more time to write lmao