19

The next day, I was up early, unable to sleep much. As I got in the car leading us to Show ! Music Core, I put on my earphones and listened to some music.

" Hyerim-ah, we have arrived " an excited Minnie woke me up.

I had fallen asleep.

We got our makeup done, put on our outfits and went to perform on stage. I felt the same feeling I had felt the day before : a lot of excitement and energy from the crowd (a/n : this parallel universe is covid-free yayyy), but also quite a bit of apprehension.

On that day, we had no other schedule except a post-performance interview with the hosts, Chani from SF9 and Hyunjin from Stray Kids.

They were a big deal and this interview made me feel pretty nervous. However, they made us comfortable before the camera rolled on so it went smoothly.

After that, we ran onto TXT who were getting ready for their performance. We talked for a bit.

" Beomgyu ? " I asked quietly.

His face shyly turned to me with a little smile showing on the corners of his lips.

" Where is Yeonjun ? "

" Oh, that... " his smile faded away. " He felt sick, I don't think he'll be here for the rest of our promotions. "

" Oh alright... fighting for your stage then " I looked at the ground.

This couldn't be a coincidence.

Did he fake being sick so he could avoid me ?

No, Hyerim, the world doesn't revolve around you. You barely even know the guy, get to your senses.

After we got back to the dorms and ate, I decided to text Mark.

Hyerim

hi there

Mark

hyerim ! how are you ?

Hyerim

i still can't believe we

finally debuted tbh

Mark

i know that feeling

you deserve it though !

Hyerim

ahh that's nice of you

i'm lucky to have a senior

like you for a friend

I immediately typed something else after sending that last text.

Hyerim

we're friends... right ?

Mark

hahahaha of course we are

Hyerim

phew...

Hyerim

anyway, i am once again

asking for your help

Mark

that's what friends

are for :)

Hyerim

well....... could you give me

yeonjun's number ?

beomgyu said he is sick and

won't participate in the group's

promotions for a while

Mark

oh

i see

well

hm

i guess he really is sick then

Hyerim

you think that he

is faking it... ?

Mark

he could have, but it's his

job we're talking about, and

he loves being on stage

so i find it odd

anyways, here's his number

Hyerim

i see...

well, thank you mark !!

i can give you dayoung's

in exchange ;)

Mark

...

yes please

_____

secondary romance ? 👀

also i have about 35 chapters written now (so 15 after this one) but im kind of out of ideas if you want to see certain interactions or wanna know about some drama about yeonjun / beomgyu and girls, just ask !