31

" Hyerim, are you okay ? What's going on ? Do you need anything ? " Minnie-unnie asked.

I leaned back on a concrete wall and closed my eyes.

" I'm better now " I finally said. " Their questions overwhelmed me, I'm sorry... " I looked down.

" It's okay, they should have never asked this kind of personal stuff, I bet it reminded you of terrible things... " Soojin-unnie put her hand on my shoulder.

" Girls ! How has the red carpet been ? " Manager Kim came to us.

" G-great, it's just that... " Minju looked at me. " During the interview, they kept asking Hyerim-unnie about Yeonjun and Manager Woo... "

" I see... That was predictable, I should have warned you, I'm sorry, I'm also new to this " she genuinely looked concerned.

" It's alright " I reassured her. " Jennie-unnie changed the subject quickly. "

" Well, good. You should get in line now, the artists are supposed to enter the reception room in five minutes ! Follow me. Hyerim can you do it tonight or should I tell the driver to take you home now ?  "

" I'll be fine now, thank you. "

As we walked across what seemed like a maze, we finally reached a big metal door. When the bodyguards opened it, we followed a path on the floor, leading the benches where all the artists were sitting.

We were guided by a staff member who showed us our seats and we sat accordingly. He also gave us small blankets to cover our legs, which I thought was a really nice gesture.

" Hyerim-ah, Hyerim-ah ! " I heard someone whispered loudly.

I turned around, wondering who had called me.

It was Yeonjun.

Of course, the TXT boys were sitting two benches behind us.

" You look so beautiful, I need to see you in private with that dress " he smirked.

I half-smiled at him and turned back around.

" Yah, why won't you look at me ? Are you mad ? "

I didn't budge. The ceremony was about to start.

" You stopped texting me, now you're avoiding me physically ? "

" Later, please, I'll explain " I begged him, looking directly into his eyes.

He only nodded, looking suspicious and I prayed that no one had just seen me talking to him. If someone had, I was sure it would be all over the internet by the next morning.

The hosts of the ceremony came on the stage to start introducing the first artists to perform and the lights went down.

It was like a huge concert in VIP, we didn't know who would go first.

" Oh my gosh it's Aespa ! Look at them ! They're beautiful " Minnie put a hand on her opened mouth, remembering people were probably filming our reactions and we had a certain image to keep in front of the press.

We tried to stay calm at first, but seeing our friends with such charisma was too much and we ended up cheering for them and we saw Dayoung and I fangirling on the big screen for a second, which made the rest of the girls laugh like crazy.

Right after their performance, a staff member told us it was time we get changed for our own performance, which was coming soon.

We got into a room and changed into our show clothes. It was a gold-themed set that the stylists went for, still keeping leather accessories to recall our red carpet outfits.

We had two songs to perform, one was our own song, Diamond, and one where we would have some kind of "unit performances". Jennie-unnie and Minju would start off by a rap they wrote, then Dayoung and Minnie would cover a Billie Eilish song, Soojin and I would have a dance break on the song 16 shots, and then we would all join for a cover of Miss A's bad girl good girl.

_____

I'll try to end this story soon because I cannot think of new things to write about 😔 been rewatching teen wolf lately and it inspired me for another fanfic so i can't focus on this one anymore, the ideas don't come to me 😔😔😔😔😔