20

After contemplating texting or directly calling Yeonjun, I settled on a call. This way, he wouldn't escape or block me as soon as I'd tell him my name.

He answered almost directly.

" Doyeon, I swear to God, you really need to stop contacting me, we're over, don't you get that ? We've been over for weeks " he said in a mix of anger and despair.

" Uh... actually this is Hyerim, hi " I shyly said.

He immediately stopped talking. After about thirty seconds, he broke the silence.

" Sorry about that... " I bet he was scratching the back of his head while talking.

" ...it's alright. "

Another long silence fell.

" How did you get my number ? " he asked.

" I have my sources. "

" Okay... and... why did you call me ? " he sounded weird.

" I wanted to ask if I could come over, I could make you a soup or something. " I just said.

" Make me a soup ? "

" Beomgyu said you were sick " I explained.

" Oh, this, yeah... "

This phonecall was so awkward. He was always so cheeky and playful, yet here he seemed to be uncomfortable talking to me.

" I'm alright, thank you. "

" I'm not really giving you a choice, we need to talk, too " I said, raising my voice a little.

" Oh. "

And he hung up.

I looked at my phone with so much confusion when I got a text from him.

It was his address.

Yeonjun

i'm waiting for you then

I looked at it on maps and it was only fifteen minutes away from our dorms. I changed into some jeans and a simple shirt and threw on a big coat and a beanie.

" I'm going out " I informed the girls in the living room.

" Where ? " Soojin asked.

" I have to see Yeonjun " I didn't lie.

" OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH " they all gasped.

" It's not what you're thinking, I'm about to kick his ass. "

" What happened ? " Jennie-unnie asked calmly.

" He's just so weird... didn't Taeyong tell you what his reputation was among the idols ? " I asked.

" He did mention it, but Yeonjun seemed so genuine when we saw him... " she felt guilty not to have talked to me about it, I could feel it.

" It's okay, I'll handle it " I reassured. " I'll be going now, see you ! "

And with that, I left the room and started walking.

_____

xx