Chapter 1

Jo's POV:

I got the call about returning to the states a few weeks ago, to shoot the second movie in the After series. I couldn't believe how much of a success the first movie had been and was so happy for Anna when she got the go ahead to start putting the second one into motion.

The press tour for After was a whirlwind and I hadn't been home in months after it started. Hero and I were brought together again, traveling the world and attending premiers and parties every week for six months. We stayed in countless hotels and met so many new people.

Our time together was like we had never even been apart. We had sex countless times during our time on the road, each encounter more lustful than the last. There was one incident where the condom broke and I had to take a Plan B pill the following morning, causing us to become a bit more on edge. Actually, being able to leave the hotel and run to the nearest drug store was almost impossible, as Hero and I had both become more noticeable due to our time on the big screen. When I returned home after touring, I made it a point to get on birth control. Even if Hero and I never had sex again, at least I wouldn't panic the way I had that night.

Hero was like the modern-day Leonardo DiCaprio. Girls would throw themselves at him at meet and greets, asking for pictures and autographs, not being subtle in the way they stared at him at all. At first it got under my skin, but after spending almost every night with him in bed, I quickly realized that I was actually the one getting all his attention.

We never actually made a commitment to start a serious long-distance relationship during that time. I think we were both too scared of the idea of being across the globe from one another and trying our best to make it work. At least I know I was. I didn't feel it was fair to make Hero put me as first priority when in reality, the closest we would ever be was through the phone.

That was almost a year ago. I've been staying mostly in Australia with family, picking up the odd job here and there. After the press tour ended, Hero and I kept in touch by texting almost every day, facetiming often and we even met up in LA for a separate movie premier. However, it's been a long time since we've talked like we once did. Rumors online about him out and about with two separate girls had given me an uneasy feeling when our communication began becoming less and less.

As much as I wished we could have stayed in Georgia together and never left after the first movie wrapped so long ago, I have grown so much as a person and actress since then. I'm twenty-three now and have stepped into a more mature state of mind, sadly realizing that people will come and go from your life, leaving their mark on you both good and bad. Hero just so happens to be a coworker that I will not be escaping anytime soon.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey, all! Thank you so much for reading chapter 1! And for those who already read part one of my fan fiction series, thank you as well! As a fan of After, both the books and the movies, as well as those who play the roles, writing these has been so fun! Again, this is fiction so nothing is obviously true, but i hope that the way it's laid out is interesting for you guys and you enjoy! Let me know what your guys' thoughts are and have fun reading :)