Chapter 9

Hero's POV:

When I woke up this morning, images of last night flooded my mind. The way Jo and I were was more intense than ever before. She wasn't next to me in bed and I struggled to find my phone even though I had just heard it go off.

When I finally found it, I saw that there were both missed calls and texts, some from last night and some from this morning. All from Vivian. I told her I would call before I went to bed last night, no matter how late it was, but completely forgot as I was somewhat a little preoccupied.

Am I a terrible person for making this girl think things are possibly heading in the direction towards a relationship? Or does she actually get that we just messed around a couple times and it's probably nothing more? Before I could answer my own questions, I heard the shower turn on and made my way into the bathroom to accompany Jo.

I didn't know if I could ever get enough of her. The way she practically begged me to fuck her harder in the shower is something I can't get out of my mind. Eventually, I had to leave and go back to my own room, changing my clothes once inside.

I sat on the edge of my bed, contemplating for a while whether or not I should return Vivian's calls, now that it was almost noon. She answered almost on the first ring. She had so many questions, all coming at once; how was my flight? How was the party last night? How much did I drink? Why didn't I answer her calls? I almost zoned completely out as she talked into the phone, my mind still racing with thoughts of Jo.

With my head pounding with somewhat of a hangover, I had half a mind to tell Vivian to shut the fuck up and just be done with the whole thing. But, instead I kept my responses short and decided against it. She is a nice girl, and I'm not one for being a complete asshole.

I managed to get off the phone with her by telling her I had a cast meeting to go to. Not much of an excuse but she seemed to buy it. She told me we would talk later and I put my phone on silent before dozing off once again.