Chapter 5

Jo's POV:

As Hero approaches me, I slowly stand from my bar stool to my feet. His eyes have remained on me for what feels like forever, as if we are the only two people in this darkly crowded room.

I begin to smile as he is just steps away from me and he holds his arms out as I feel this body embrace mine.

"Hello, beautiful," he says, only loud enough for me to hear.

"Hello," I say, my arms wrapped around his neck as I stand on my tiptoes in order to reach him.

He pulls away as our eyes meet again. Now that he's closer, I take in all of his features. There's a comfort in his green eyes, but a hardness and more stern look to his face surrounding them. His jawline is nearly perfect and his lips are full and begging me to kiss them.

"Who's down for some shots? And you can't say no." Samuel, his hand resting on Hero's shoulder asks. Our friends and fellow cast mates have now worked their way over to where we are standing, as our silent conversation between just the two of us has come to an end.

"Let's do it," Hero states as he rests his elbows on the top of the bar. Samuel orders our large group tequila shots as some of us groan and others cheer. I, for one, am not a fan, but I take the shot as a whole after we all raise our glasses to being together again. After I've swallowed, I ask the bar tender for another vodka soda so help get the salty taste out of my mouth.

As the night goes on, Hero and I haven't had much time to catch up. He's been pulled away with the guys as they battle each other in pool across the bar. I have been talking with the girls and have passed the point of just being tipsy. Thank God filming was pushed back an extra day. I definitely wouldn't be here like this if it weren't.

As I excuse myself from my seat and make my way to the restroom in the back of the bar I can feel my phone vibrate from inside my clutch. I wait until I get inside and can set my belongings down on the counter by the sink before I reach for it.

There's a text from Hero.

*Want to get out of here?*

My heart skips and I look at myself in the large mirror hanging on the wall. My eyeliner has smudged slightly and I run my fingers under my eyes to try and fix it. I take a deep breath before I respond. I don't want to seem too eager but I want so badly to be alone with him. I can tell that my alcohol consumption has definitely made my decision to say yes to him easier but I don't really care.

*Sure. I'll meet you outside* I respond. I watch as the text goes through and place my phone back into my clutch.

When I make my way back to the main area of the bar, I notice that our group has dwindled down some. I place my hand on Inanna's back and ask her where everyone has gone. She says that Khadijha and Samuel mentioned that they had drank way too much and some of the others complained they were exhausted from their long flights here. I am also both of those things.

"Well, I hate to do this but I may just have to join them," I give her a sad look, faking it for the most part.

"Awww," she groans. "You AND Hero?! He just left too. You guys are no fun." She smiles and puts her lips to her glass once again. "Okay, well I will just see you tomorrow then. Text me if you want to go get lunch or something," she adds and I give her a quick hug before I exit the bar.