Chapter 14

Hiya! I apologize for the lateness of this chapter, but I have serious medical issues. I took a trip to the doctor, and she ran some tests before sending me to the hospital for X-Rays. I should have the results tomorrow! This chapter is a blerb of everything, and you learn about Maia and her sisters! :D Enjoy, and please, please, pleeease comment/vote!

"Maia, welcome back to the Land of Healing." Estë welcomes me with open arms, and I look to her in confusion. Am I dead? I look down to see I'm wearing my clothes, but there is no mark of blood and no sign of injury.

"Am I dead, Estë?" I ask, raising a brow.

"No, but you are unconscious and badly hurt." Estë explains as she examines my figure, as if she could see the invisible injuries.

"Oh." I nod.

"Be careful, Maia. We need you, and if we lose you… oh, let's hope that doesn't happen." She forces a smile.

"What do you mean?" I ask as she leans forward and places a kiss on my brow. No, she cannot be sending me back so soon! I have questions that need to be answered. I was sucked from the Land of Healing and woke up in reality. I was laying on a soft, light brown eagle, and all of my injuries had vanished although my body was sore. I looked throughout the Company to see everyone holding on for dear life and looking ahead. Where's Thorin? I rubbed my eyes and noticed a body clenched in the claws of the head eagle. Thorin. My arms gave out underneath me and I lay down on my stomach, holding onto the eagle as we soared through the evening sky. Soon enough, we landed onto a Carrock, and my eagle had perched last on the edge of the Carrock. I slid down the wing as slowly as possible with one arm wrapped around my hurting midsection. I turned to the Eagle, and smiled gently before hopping up and placing a kiss on it's furry cheek.

"Thank you…" I smile, before turning back to the dwarves who all stared at me, including Thorin, who seemed furious.

"What were you thinking? I told you once that you cannot keep running off into the Wild to save us from every little danger. Do you not think we care about you, and that I care about you?" Thorin growled, taking a step forward with every word.

"I'm aware that you care, but I'm not just looking out for you all, I'm looking out for myself. You're not the only one with a bad past linking to Azog, y'know." I growl before following the slim, rough steps down the side of the Carrock.

"Next time, leave the talking to me…" Gandalf suggests, glaring over to Thorin as I walked down the steps.

Night had fallen, and I sat alone on the edge of the river that ran alongside the tall Carrock. The dwarves had decided to remain on the Carrock for the night. I had cleaned my sword and daggers off in the river, and I had dressed into a green blouse and dirt brown leggings with matching climbing boots.

"I apologize for my actions earlier on the Carrock. I was worried for your safety and health, but even so, I had no right to yell at you." I heard a deep voice grumble behind me as I stuff my old outfit into my torn satchel.

"I accept your apology, but that doesn't mean I forgive you." I answer as I turn to face Thorin who is wearing a broken expression on his dirt covered face.