Chapter 21

How's everyone doing in the winter weather? I had Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - now I'm waiting for a 2 hour delay tomorrow! Eh, whatever. There's not a good amount of action in this chapter, but the next chapter will certainly leave you sitting in your seat, jaws dropped, eyes widened XD I can't wait to ruin your lives with the next chapter. Please review, it would mean A LOT to me!

During the new few days, I regained my strength and began practicing combat skills with Alec, Alex, and Alena while Elijah made the preparations for war. He sent the raven out the morning after I arrived to Erebor, and he was finding armor and weapons for us to use in battle. Every now and then, I had few visitors, but it was rare. I remember Fili and Kili mentioned something about dropping by soon.

"Slant, vertical, horizontal! That's great, Maia, keep up the good work!" Alena instructed as I fought against her and her two older brothers in a 3 against 1 fight. I had disarmed Alena and Alex in one swipe, knocking them both on their back, making it a one on one fight with Alec. It was sweaty, and tiring, but after a good hour, he disarmed me and swept me off my feet.

"You call yourself an Assassin?" He joked as a wide grin spread across his smooth, fair face. I quickly hopped up, and knocked him off his feet, and pinning him down.

'Don't ever doubt my authority." I smirked, and pushed myself to my feet before helping up the fellow Assassin.

"I told ye she was an expert fighter, didn't I?" I hear a voice from the doorway of the Training Center and I look up to see Fili and Kili standing there, watching.

"Indeed, ye did!" Kili smiles, proud of my progress as a fighter. I place the sword on the rack and turn to the heirs of Durin.

"What's the news?" I question, placing my hands on my hips as Alec, Alex and Alena take their leave.

"Rumor has it orcs are approaching the mountain, and we have no leader, or allies. We're just 13 defenseless dwarves stuck in a mountain, waiting for death." Fili explains, and I shake my head.

"It's no rumor, lads, but we aren't leaderless, nor are we defenseless." I argue, and look out to see if the coast is clear of dwarves, or hobbits. I turn back to Fili and Kili who raise a brow.

"The Assassins will lead the dwarves into battle if Thorin fails to reveal himself. Elijah sent out a raven to King Thranduil and Bard the Bowman, striking a deal. If the two men consent to ally with us during the battle, we will share the gold as promised. The events that take place afterward will depend on everyone's actions." I explain, and watch as Fili and Kili grin from ear to ear.

"We will stand with you until the last breath, my friend." Fili places his hand on my left shoulder, and Kili places his hand on my right shoulder. Suddenly, Elijah appeared in the hall, seeming frantic about something. Fili and Kili took this as a sign, and left the room. I followed Elijah through the long, winding halls to a small council room where Alec, Alex, and Alena were, sitting by a stone, round table.

"What is the matter?" I ask as I sit in a empty seat by Alena and Alec, across from Elijah and Alex.

"Bilbo Baggins has taken the Arkenstone, and plans to give it to King Thranduil and Bard the Bowman in hopes he'll convince them to ally with us for the battle."

"The fool has ruined everything!" I shouted, and slammed my fist onto the table. I bite my lip, a habit I often performed under stress.

"What will be do?"

"Continue with the plan, for that's the only thing we can do. Let's hope the Arkenstone will also help when convincing them to ally with us... " We all sit there in silence, praying this bump in the road would pass.

That afternoon, as were were travelling through stone, cold Erebor, we noticed the dwarves had crowded on one balcony.

"What's going on?" Elijah asks, and I shrug my shoulders. I lead the other four Assassins onto the balcony, and we watch as the scene unfolds.

"Master Baggins has gifted us with the Arkenstone…" Someone announces, and I look over to Elijah with a wild, yet worried look in my eyes. All of the sudden, Thorin lunges toward Bilbo and everyone jumps into the action. Thorin is holding Bilbo against the balcony when I interfere with the brawl. I place a gentle hand on Thorin's shoulder, and he whips around with a fierce, wild expression.

"What do you want, woman?!" He growls, and I pull back my hand, and roll my eyes.

"I want him." I answer with a vacant expression as Bilbo glances over to me quizzically.

"He's a traitor." Thorin breathes, and I nod my head in understanding. I walk over beside Bilbo, and place a hand on his shoulder.

"Aren't we all? You will let him go, or you will have a hell of a fight on your hands." I growl, and slowly he releases Bilbo from his grasp. Bilbo frantically runs to Elijah who helps him down a rope which will lead him to King Thranduil and Bard the Bowman.
"How are we all traitors?" Thorin whispers, looking down at the stone ground, betrayed. I scoffed, and crossed my arms over my chest.

"You'll find out soon enough on the battlefield, Thorin Oakenshield." With that, I take my leave for the Armory to prepare for the battle that was upon us.

I gathered the outfit and weapons that Elijah had gathered for me and found a private chamber to prepare.

I pulled on a pair of tight, leather pants and a white, hooded bodice with black laces in the front and sides. I suited up with leather arm bracers, and matching leg bracers. I pulled on my Strider boots, a gift from Alena, and fishtail-braided my hair in the back. At last, I clipped a weapon belt around my waist, and sheathed a perfectly sharpened Elvish sword that Elijah had found in the horde while Thorin was speaking with the Elves and Men. I hid a few throwing knives in my boots, pants, and bodice. I sheathed the wooden handle dagger with the engraved 'M' in the small sheath on my belt before turning to the bow and quiver. I clipped the quiver to my back, and pulled the bow onto my back as well. Lastly, I pulled the hood over my head to hide my face, and I smiled to myself.

It was show-time.

I hope you all liked the detail I added in her outfit, I wanted her to look very kick ass but decent :D I hope you all are surviving! Have a great day, and I'll see you in the next update!