Chapter 7

Hai, I'm back! I was spending the day with a friend yesterday and I couldn't do my editing, but I think I'll be updating tomorrow as well so bonus, right? Thank the lord for four day weekends...

OH, and there is high levels of sass and authority with Maia in this chapter! :) Enjoy!

"Maia, you must wake up! It's nearly noon and you are still at rest!" Náriel entered the room, shouting at me. I turned over onto my stomach, groaning, as the memories of yesterday flooded my mind.

"I'm not feeling well." I protest, watching as she continues searching for a suitable gown to wear. Upon hearing this, she turns with anger lingering in her eyes.

"You say so, but you are well enough to say you are not well!" She growls before turning back to the dresser and continuing her search.

"Fine." I growl, pushing myself off of the bed and walking over to the folding panel where I tear off my horrid nightgown. I dress into the blood red kirtle with baggy sleeves and pull on the midnight black surcoat. I slip on a pair of midnight black slippers and a silver circlet before stepping out of the room. I didn't want to eat or talk at all, I just wanted to sleep but Náriel just had to push me out the door. Perhaps I could give Bifur some lessons! I understood Khuzdul fairly well, so there shouldn't be a problem understand him already, but eh. I walk through the halls searching for the dwarves when I bump into Elladan and Elrohir.

"Ah, you decided to make an appearance at last, milady." Elladan smirks as Elrohir clears his throat, elbowing his brother in the gut.

"Elladan… Elrohir!" I squeal with excitement, jumping into their arms and wrapping my arms around them tightly. I had always found Elrohir to be the more serious of the two, and these two reminded me of Fili and Kili. Hm, perhaps the four should get together sometime… eh, scratch that. The world would burn if we put those four dimwits in charge.

"I've been travelling far too long, I've rarely found time for rest." I explain as Elrohir nods in understanding. This man rarely talks, and it bothers me.

"If you settled down, you could give up that lifestyle." Elladan told me, wiggling his eyebrows while leaning closer to me.

"Enough, Elladan. I apologize, Lady Maia, for my little brother's actions." Elrohir apologizes before dragging his little brother along by the pointy ear. I watched as the two left before continuing down the hall. I caught sight of the dwarves in the Hall, chatting and joking around with one another.

"Good afternoon, Bilbo!" I greet with a smile as the hobbit passes me, his small hand on the hilt of his sword. I take notice of this and I raise an eyebrow, frowning.

"Oh- uhm... ," he clears his throat, "good a-afternoon, Lady Maia." He nods to me in greeting and I chuckle.

"How come you are all here? I thought you would all have departed early this morn…" I question, looking down at the little hobbit.

"Yes, but Lord Elrond cannot read the blasted map for at least another two weeks, I believe." He explains to me as he shakes his head. I look over his shoulder to see Bifur sitting on the wall. I approach him slowly, as not to scare him, not that I could or anything.

"Vemu, Bifur." I greet as he turns, his eyes widening in surprise as I sit beside him on the stone wall. I can tell he's shocked that I could speak Khuzdul, considering the dwarves have kept it secret for so long. He hesitates, pondering whether or not he should respond.

"Vemu, Maia." He greets, his dwarvish accent thick and I can't help but smile.

"Lady Maia, if you would follow me to the Council Hall." Lord Elrond breaks into the conversation, smiling.

"Men gajamu, jemut men." I nod, taking my leave toward the Council Hall with the elf. I arrive, and I see Lady Galadriel, Lord Saruman and Gandalf all standing there, tired.

"What is the matter?" I ask, looking from the elves to the wizard, raising a brow. Lord Saruman frowns as I sit down at the Council Table. Lady Galadriel paces the floor, her gown blowing behind her. Gandalf is near passing out as Lord Elrond looks over to me, forcing a smile.

"The dwarves are on a quest to reclaim a homeland…" Lord Elrond looks out into the distance and I nod.

"Yes, and you've called me here why?" I ask, looking up at Lord Elrond, tired already of this pointless meeting.

"I do not support it." Lord Elrond answers, turning to me. I start laughing, causing Gandalf to wake from his small nap.

"OK, that's perfect and all, but I'm on the quest, not you." I chuckle, shaking my head. I can see Lord Saruman's fist ball out of the corner of my eye and I smirk.

"You're not listening! If you remain on this quest, you will be doomed to death." Lord Saruman warns me and I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"That's the point of an Assassin, correct?" I mutter, rubbing my forehead, attempting to prevent the oncoming headache.

"You are an Assassin and you were sent here to change the fates, if possible. I have seen your future, and if you continue this quest, you'll lose everything and gain very little." Lady Galadriel foreshadows and I shrug. I can see Gandalf slowly drifting back asleep and I smile to myself.

"Great, I didn't sign up for this job in the first place." I mutter. In all truth, I didn't sign up for this life. I would rather settle down and start a family but that would make me mortal and I'd be stripped of my Assassin title. It's complicated.

"You can't give up everything for nothing!" Lord Elrond shouted, and I stand, knocking the chair back.

"What is wrong with settling down? I wish you would allow me to live my life and allow me to make my own choices! There is nothing wrong with pain and sadness, you're just afraid of emotions." I take my leave, and walk down the hall mumbling profanities and cursing myself. I could see the dwarves in the distance shouting, fighting and throwing food.

"Tampa!" I command with a powerful voice, causing all dwarves to drop what they were doing and turn toward me.

"What did ye say, lass?" Bofur, brother to Bifur, speaks up, smoking his pipe. Is that all he ever does? I place my hands on my hips and shake my head.

"You are a guest to the Lord Elrond, and you should show some manners… although I understand dwarves weren't taught any with the way you lot act! You're fools, show some respect." I scold them as the dwarves look down, embarrassed.

"Maia is right, and if continue to act like this behind my back, I'll be sure to have Lord Elrond put you to work." Thorin steps forward, and winks at me with a playful smirk on his lips. I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest.

"Could you just… try not to burn the place down? Please?" I ask, looking over to Thorin. This man shows authority every other time but now. He must really hate the elves.

"Well, if ye'd want that to happen, ye'd need to get Kili out of 'ere! Poor lad set his mother's skirts aflame when he was a wee lad!" Dwalin laughed, and I raised a brow. The whole company burst into fits of laughter, and Kili ducked his head in embarrassment. I smiled and thought to myself, 'I can change fates but never in a million years could I change a rowdy and entertaining group of dwarves'.

I had trouble ending this on the right note, but I'll answer a question most of you are probably asking. The dwarves are remaining in Rivendell for about 1-2 weeks until Lord Elrond can read the map (I think I mentioned this in an earlier chapter). Why am I doing this? I'm doing this so the fanfiction can be longer and more detailed and you can see more of Maia and the dwarves and the elves all together! :) I hope you enjoyed this, and I can't wait to post the next chapter! :) I'll see you all soon!