Chapter 5

Hiya, guys! Thanks for the one vote/like whatever from belle_nuit :) you absolutely made my day! Ilyasm and it would make my day if you could drop a comment and like this chapter! 

I'm going in for interrogation with school authorities tomorrow... he he *scratches back of head* so the chapter may be posted Saturday instead of Friday, guys. 

Maia’s P.O.V

“Miss Maia, it’s time to wake up…” I felt someone shaking me gently and I groaned. I slowly pushed myself up and rubbed my eyes. Bilbo Baggins stood there, gripping tightly onto his suspenders.

“Good morning, Bilbo…” I greeted, rubbing my head. I looked around to see the rest of the members already awake and packing up camp.

“Good morning, Maia…” He greeted before walking off to the other side of camp to pack up his things. I pushed myself up, legs shaking slightly as I rose to my feet.

“Maia, how are you feeling?” Gandalf approaches, leaning lightly on his crafted staff. I looked up to him, forcing a smile.

“I’m fine… if it’s alright, I would just like to walk ahead.” I added as Gandalf stood there, debating the idea. He let out a defeated sigh and nodded.

“Go, but it will rain so be warned. Do not wander too far.” He warned as I nodded and started off on the trail we were to take later. While walking from the campsite, I heard Gandalf and Thorin talking.

“Where is she going?” He growled, and I could imagine him crossing his arms.

“She’s just walking ahead, no harm done.” Gandalf covered for me and I smile to myself before continuing my walk ahead. Once I was far enough, I stopped and closed my eyes, tuning out every sound and movement around me.

“The Assassin is still alive..” One of the followers informed Azog, who was looking out into the distance.

“How?! I thought I left her for dead!” He exploded, punching a rock wall. A few rocks crumbled, falling to the ground. The followers remained silent as their leader paced the floor.

“What’s the plan?” One follower spoke up, causing Azog to turn quickly on his heel. He stood there for a moment before smirking.

I was violently ripped from the vision and I growled to myself. I felt a cold substance drip onto my head and run down my warm cheek. I looked up to the skies to see rain start to pour. I quickly opened my satchel and pulled out my midnight black cloak. I clipped it around my neck and pulled up the hood. Azog was planning something, something the Valar did not want me to see.

“Maia, where have you been?” Thorin growled as I slowly turned to see the Company on their ponies, curious as to what was happening.

“I was checking to see if the coast was clear, it’s fine.” I answered, shrugging. The King scoffed, dismounting from the pony.

“No, it’s clearly not. I don’t want any more running off, you hear me? Get on, now.” He growled as the rain poured down on us.

“I don’t take orders from you.” I noted, crossing my arms over my chest.

“You’re part of the Company, and in that case, you do.” He argued, holding the reins to the pony. I slowly approached him, anger burning in his eyes,

“I didn’t sign a contract. If you want my help, I’d advise you to stop ordering me around like a slave.” I growled, poking him in the chest before walking past him toward Bilbo.