Chapter 16

Hey guys! I'm uploading here first because fanfiction.net is down :( this bugs me. This chapter is 7 pages long on Google Docs so I hope you like it! I can't wait for the next chapter which is in progress. I wrote it on my kindle, and I have to tranfer it to my google docs.  Life is stressful at the moment, but not once have I given up on you guys! I love you all sooo much! 

Enjoy, and please, Please, PLEASE comment and vote! 

It was midnight, and the Company had fallen asleep at least an hour or so ago. I sat at the kitchen table, twiddling my thumbs. 

King Thranduil had taken his son Legolas on a hunting trip for the sake of it all, and asked Mira, Mai and I to guard his wife. While patrolling the palace on a cool, autumn day, we heard a deadly scream from the throne room. Mira, Mai and I ran at full speed, but we failed to arrive on time. The Queen lay in a pool of her own blood on the throne slaughtered by one deadly poisoned arrow. When everyone had gathered, and everything had settled, everything went downhill. Mira, Mai and I stood in front of the King, and he paced the floor. 

“King Thranduil, we’re deeply sorry for the loss of your beloved. We do not ask for forgiveness, but we ask that you do not banish us.” Mira pleads with the King who only shook his head. 

“How dare you leave her side?!” He shouts in Mira’s face, and I can see Elijah readying to jump into the action. 

“We’re terribly sorry, milord.” Mai apologizes, folding her arms in the front properly. 

“There shall be no forgiveness, but a  punishment is due for such a crime.” He announces as he paces the floor of the throne room. 

“Milord?” I question, stepping forward, and receiving looks from my two sisters. King Thranduil stopped, and turned to me on the balls of his feet. 

“The only punishment you shall have is the guilt of her death, for the blood is on your hands. Leave my sight, and do not think about returning for some time. I would hate to see you three end up here in the coming months.” King Thranduil dismissed us. 

That is when we had made the decision to leave The Woodland Realm, and head for the Misty Mountains without saying goodbye. 

I snapped from the flashback whenI heard the front door creak open. 

“Lady Maia, care to explain the dwarves laying about in my household?” Beorn growled as he entered the kitchen wearing only trousers, and exposing his muscled back and long, flowing mane. 

“Good morning to you as well, Beorn.” I greeted sarcastically, and rolled my eyes. He poured himself a pint of milk and offered me a pint. 

“No thank you. I promise to have the dwarves out to Mirkwood as soon as possible.” I promise the skin-changer. 

“Mirkwood is a dark and sick place.” Beorn commented, and to which I nodded

“Perhaps so, but I need to find Elijah.” I protested, and I looked up to Beorn. Beorn shoots me a knowing glance before shaking his head. 

“Elijah is head of the Silvan Guard, and he has duties to the King. How will he help you?” Beorn questions as he looks out the window. 

“Mira was engaged to him, and he’s a brother to me. If anyone can help us, it’s him.” I nod my head, and watch as he turns from the window to me. 

“He’s a Silvan elf, if anything he will bring you before the King Thranduil and you’ll be a prisoner for eternity.” Beorn drinks the rest of the milk and slams the pint onto the table. I jump, and stand up from the bench.