Chapter 8

Hiya, guys! I'm back like I said with another chapter since I have the day off from school - thank god. I'm going on a field trip tomorrow to see the To Kill a Mockingbird play. I can't wait! Any TKAM fans here?

I had to do tons of research for this chapter but eh, it's all worth it in the end.

Enjoy and don't forget to review!

Upon the next morning, I had found an outfit sitting on the trunk at the foot of the bed alongside a tray of food. I raised an eyebrow and approached the trunk slowly, confused. Náriel and Záriel rarely left out an outfit and food for me in the early morn… was this a trick? I shrugged it off, and quickly ate the food. Shortly after eating, I dressed into the outfit: a dark green kirtle with matching green boots and brown leggings. I pulled my hair into a quick ponytail and left for the Main Hall to find the dwarves.

"Maia, you're up early." Gandalf observed as he approached from a separate hall. I stopped in my tracked and turned to him with a smile.

"Of course, Gandalf." I nod to him as he stops before me, and leans lightly on his well crafted staff.

"I'd be careful roaming through Imaldris this morn…" Gandalf warned me and my brows scrunched together in confusion.

"Pray tell." I cross my arms over my chest and look the old wizard in the eyes. He looks past me for a moment before looking back down at me. What is making him so worried?

"Fili and Kili met Elladan and Elrohir… and I cannot say this morn will end well, but it won't end badly either." Gandalf laughs and pats me on the back before taking his leave. I walked to the Courtyard to find Lord Elrond mumbling curses in Elvish and pacing the floor. That's rare.

"Milord, what is the matter?" I ask as I swiftly approach him. He looks up and stops pacing the floor.

"Your blasted dwarves are bathing in the fountain!" He shouted, pointing past me. I turn to see the dwarves naked in the fountain, splashing each other and such.

"They're having so much fun!" I laugh as Bombur hops from the top of the fountain and lands in the water, splashing everyone. As Lord Elrond takes his leave, I hear someone scream my name.

"Maia!" A small cry rang out, and I turned to see little Estel standing there with a wide smile on his face. He ran towards me and I lifted him into my arms, spinning him around. Estel was a son to me, and I left the Shire as much as possible to visit him. Sadly, Náriel and Záriel weren't here when I had last visited.

"How are you, Estel?" I ask, as I run a hand through his dark, brunette hair.

"Ada made me a wooden sword, so I can start practicing with Elladan and Elrohir!" He exclaims and I smile. He has grown taller since I had last seen him, but the light in his eyes has not changed.

"That's great! Have you met the dwarves?" I ask as I place him down on the ground. He shakes his head and I turn to see the dwarves staring at us. I clear my throat and turn back to Estel.

"You'll meet them later when they're not so… busy." I hold his hand and lead him from the disturbing scene.