Chapter 10

Hello guys! I'm back with yet another chapter! I hope you all like it! I'd like to thank belle_nuit for all of the support and MadisonBeck8 as well! 

I was a tad bit iffy with the flashback in the chapter, because of what I had said earlier about Maia being one of her own race. I suppose since this event took place before anything (AKA the Great Plague, the Battle, so this happened when she was in her early 1,000s) people fail to mention it.

I got my PSAT scores back today, and I cried like hell - all of my friends did. I made a 43 in critical reading, 27 IN MATHEMATICS, and 36 in Writing Skills. Okayyy, but it's all good because I only signed up for the cake! XD

Hope you enjoy this chapter, it's full of surprises!

Záriel opened the door slowly and Estel was there, patiently waiting in his finest robes and garments.

"I'm here to escort Lady Maia to dinner." He announced and I chuckled at the statement. His cuteness would be the death of me. I appeared beside Záriel and linked arms with the ten year old child.

"I will see you tonight at the feast, yes?" I ask Záriel as I walk out of the door. She quickly nods and shuts the door. Okay...

"You look beautiful tonight, Maia." Estel compliments and I feel blush dusting my cheeks. This child had been raised right, that's for sure.

"Thank you, Estel." I smile as we walk down the long halls to the Main Hall where the feast would be taking place. As I entered, all eyes turned to us and a light blush crept to my cheeks.

"Happy birthday, Lady Maia!" Everyone shouted in unison and I let out a boisterous laugh. Estel led me to a seat at the dwarves table before sitting with his adopted family. I sat beside Thorin and across from Fili and Kili.

"Maia, lle naa vanima." Thorin complimented me as I sat down on the long bench. I looked up at him in surprise: where did he learn such a phrase?

"T-thank you…" I blush and look down at my lap for a moment. I was still angered about earlier, but I had to learn to let go. I make myself a plate and grab a pint of ale, filling my small belly. After everyone finishes eating, the tables are swiftly moved and space is made for dancing.A group of elves gather at one corner of the room with all sorts of instruments as the rest of us stand against the wall as a tune is decided. I watch as the males grab an elven maiden from the crowd and pull her out to dance as the upbeat tune fills the hall. I remained against the hall, watching the dwarves and elves dance to the beat of the music.

"I can easily say you've already changed their fates, and for the better!" Gandalf laughed, appearing beside me.

"I may have caused them to push aside their hatred for Elves, but by no means have I changed their fate." I forced a smile, watching as Bofur danced with a child, twirling her around and dipping her. I walked off and found another pint of ale from earlier, chugging it down. I continued to watch as the others danced, having the time of their life. I danced with Elrohir, Elladan, Estel, and Fili. I was currently dancing with Kili, and I have to say he is a great dancer.

"Thorin has feelings for you…" He states, looking down at me as we twirl throughout the room.

"Yes, I'm quite aware." I sigh, looking down for a moment.

"I understand your position, and I'm not saying you have to court him, but don't lead him on either. He's not only a King, but he's my uncle. He knows pain, grief, and sadness, but since he met you…" Kili laughs and I wince.

"Alright, Kee." I cut him off with a slight chuckle. I couldn't bare talking about my love life, and the growing headache was hardly helping. I just wanted to rest and think it over in the morning. Did I have feelings for the dwarf? I don't feel anything special, not yet at least.