Chapter 3

Hello! I have just returned from the hospital and I'm currently skipping school but shhh, don't tell anyone! I've been working on this for at least 2-3 days.Something about it... I don't know. Perhaps you guys could tell me! I'm currently working on the next chapter, and I'm running on coffee so pray for me.

BTW: I found a blog on tumblr in case any of you here are going through troubles and trials :) you can talk to your favorite Hobbit/LotR character(s) and ask for advice! I've used it once or twice and it helps me ALOT.Here's the link if any of you were wanting to check it out, and the resources page helps TONS AND TONSAND TONS for people with depression, anxiety, self-harm etc!

Houses-of-Healing on Tumblr :) 

Well, here ya go! Feel free to drop a review, and follow the story! :)

I was sitting in a wheat field underneath a healthy willow tree, and I was wearing the outfit I had dressed into that morning. I examine the clothing, and notice the blood had soaked through my clothes. I heard Elvish singing and called out for someone or anyone who could help me. Have I died? All of the sudden, a lady with golden locks and eyes as bright as starlight approached wearing flowing, light blue gowns.

"I am Estë. Come with me." Estë introduces herself with a smile as she holds out her hand for me to grab. I could have sworn I heard the name Estë before, but where have I heard it? I raise an eyebrow, and look at her for a good minute or two before taking her hand.

"Have I died?" I ask as we walk through the field of healthy, tall wheat. Estë chuckles lightly and shakes her head.

"No, but you are in the Land of Healing." She explains as we quickly approach a beautiful pond with ducks and turtles.

"Why am I here?" I question as we sit by the pond and watch the ducks and turtles cross the pond with ease.

"You have fought Azog the Defiler, and nearly died. I've summoned you here to rest, and heal." She explains before pulling bread from her pocket.

"Where's my body?" I ask her as she breaks up the piece of bread for the little ducks. She offers me some bread to throw to the ducks but I kindly refuse her offer.

"Your body remains in Middle Earth, but your soul is here in the Land of Healing. Do not worry, dear Assassin, you are safe." Estë smiles as she throws the small chunks of bread into the pond.

"Oh... but why am I still here?" I ask the lady who lets out a sigh. I thought she would have sent me back already.

"You're an Assassin, and that means you protect the people of Middle Earth from the forces of evil. I wish you wouldn't run off into the Wilderness trying to prove yourself to a Company of dwarves." She scolded me as I rolled my eyes and hummed to control the anger.

"I am not trying to prove myself to anyone, and I should be the last on this Earth who has something to prove. I'm an Assassin, and I was just doing my job." I counter.

"When has your job turned into suicide missions?" She growled, and I glared up at her. How could she yell at me for doing my job? Indeed, I wasn't very careful in the fight, but I was doing my job.

"Be careful, and do not look for trouble. I understand the Valar gifted you with immortality and foresight, but if you abuse that power, those gifts will soon turn against you." Estë warns me as I shrug my shoulders.

"I have wandered middle Earth since the beginning of the Third Age, I'm sure I'll be fine." I assure the lady.

"Do not be so sure of yourself, Maia. What makes you so driven to help these dwarves reclaim a homeland when you already know in your heart these plans are made to fail and the men are doomed to die?" She raises a brow, glancing over in my direction.

"I'm an Assassin, I change the fates, don't I?" I smirk as I push myself to my feet.

"Go, and find the dwarves who are so precious to you. I wish you all of the luck in the world, but please take heed to the advice I have given to you." She nods to me before placing a gentle kiss on my brow. I'm suddenly sucked from the Land of Healing back into the real world.

My eyes flutter open as the sunshine pours through the trees down onto me. I sit up slowly, rubbing my eyes. I look to my clothes, and I notice they're no longer blood-soaked and torn.

Thank you, Estë.

I collect my weapons and carry on through the forest toward the Road. As I walk through the forest, I think of the Valar, and it suddenly clicks inside me. Estë was Lady of Healing and Rest, and spouse of Irmo. Oh, dear… I spot the dwarves in the distance and I smile to myself.

"Lady Maia, where on Earth have you been?" Gandalf's voice erupts from the road as my face grows pale. I can't exactly say I fought Azog and visited the Valar, can I?

Thanks for reading!