A lot better

Emma walked across the interrogation room, staring at Williams… or what was left of him.

“You do realize you are lucky to be alive”

“You are wasting time with me” he spoke

“We could be helpful to your daughter.”

“My daughter is safe. You are not the ones who will use her against me”

“Oh… clearly, you did not see what Agent Reilly is capable of, yet”

“You are the boss”

“Because he put me here. In this spot.” Emma leaned down to touch the table “And, trust me, I will not stop him from doing anything, at all.”

Williams smirked “he is totally lost… and now? Eh” he giggled “He is desperate.”

Emma’s jaw clenched, she was not going anywhere with that clown

“He will not be able to do anything worthy”

“You are totally wrong…” Emma spoke, leaving the room.

“Where’s Robert?” she asked one of her agents

“He has not showed up, yet.”

“Ok” she spoke “Let me know if you see him.”

“Roger that”

As to the Agent, he was with Ed.

There was one thing Williams was right about.

He was desperate.

Really desperate.

“YOU GOTTA FIND ANOTHER WAY!” Robert yelled at the younger man

“Sir, I cannot! I already did everything…”

“NO!” he furiously stood up “THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY!”

“Sir, we have agents all over and there is still no sign of Renner! We got a contact, yes. But this is not totally reliable! It could be a trap! Besides, I am way too sure they…”

“I do not care, Ed! I am not going to stand here and send another team for that! Whether you get me another solution or I am doing it myself!”

“Sir!” Ed took his hands to his head “There is no other way! And this is just… too risky!”

“There has to be…!” Robert approached Ed, scaring him even more.

He was exhausted, he was nervous and frustrated. It had been unstoppable and stressful days. And he was not dealing well with that.

“Sir!” Ed begged “Stop…” he breathed “Please”

“Rob…” Tom appeared out of nowhere

“What are you doing here?” Robert snapped

“Easy, buddy….” Tom raised his hands “Easy…” He approached the men “Ed’s friend told me you were here” he spoke

Robert started to pace around the room, angrily “There is no time for breaks…”

“Rob…” Tom softly spoke “We are all humans. Look at him, Ed is exhausted… he has to rest.”

Robert looked at Ed, who was hyperventilating and with his hands hiding his face “I wish I could do more. I would do anything for you, Sir! I just…  I can’t! There is nothing more… I cannot do anything anymore… Whatever there has to be done is out of my reach now…” he breathed