Safety

Third Person’s POV

*At Aphrodite’s dungeons*

Belle was lying on her bed, incapable of sleeping.

She allowed the tears to fall again. It had been a while since she let herself cry like that. After those first weeks when she was kidnapped, she never cried again.

She was simply apathetic.

But lately, with Robert disappearance and now, knowing Fritz probably did something to him and plus, the whole situation about Claire was too much for her to handle.

She knew too well what they did to the ladies that got sick.

She had watched it with her own eyes.

She kept wondering where Claire was… and if she was still alive or not. If she was screaming in pain and letting out her final breaths.

Those thoughts were pure torture on her mind, but she could not think of anything else.

“Can’t sleep either?”

The sweet voice of Zoe echoed in her ears. She turned to the young girl before making space for her in her bed.

Zoe quickly accepted and joined Belle.

“Do you think Claire’s alive?”

“I don’t know, Zoe”

“None of us is… free from it”

Belle looked up at the ceiling “I know…”

“I’m scared… I…”

“Hey, shhh” Belle hugged her, still crying “We should… sleep” she took a deep breath “We are going to be exhausted for the night”

*At Paradise Island’s hospital, a few hours later*

“Everything is under control, Sir. No registrations were made and we have a secured perimeter already”

“Thanks, mate” Robert said “Still, I’m going to try and take her out of the hospital, they’ll come look for her”

“We’ll secure your place after that. If you take her there? We can take her to our base?”

Robert looked at his colleague “Hmm, let’s get her in my place first, I want to talk to her anyway. But later, that is probably the best solution for her”

“Alright, Sir”

“Agent Reilly?”

Robert turned his attention to the doctor that had called him “How is she, doctor?”

“She will recover, over the time. If you got here a few minutes later we would have lost her.”

“What was the case, after all?”

“We are still outwitting STI’s, but she had this ugly infection and a cyst on the left ovary. We had to remove the ovary… there was no chance. The infection spread to the uterus and would soon develop into sepsis. Luckily, she is under control now. It will not spread. As to the STI tests, we can only wait.”

Robert nodded “So, she will be fine… right?”

Tom quickly approached Robert as soon as he noticed they were talking about Claire

“I cannot tell you she surely will, still. But I see potential”

“Ok, do you think she can tolerate treatment in my house?”