Chad Williams

Third Person’s POV

The agent would never want those small flutters to bother him, or get even worse. Particularly at the moment, when he had just received the call saying the trafficker had just arrived and was waiting for him in the interrogation room.

So, making sure to take a small dosage of medication, he got ready to leave the room.

But he was surprised by Belle, before.

“Are you ok?” she softly asked

He smiled, kissing her forehead “Perfect. I will go to have a chat with the trafficker, will you stay ok?”

She smiled “Of course, my mom and Theo are here, remember?”

Robert smiled “I just want to see that beautiful smile in your face, ok?”

Belle held his hand tightly, before kissing it “I want the same in you?”

“Belle” he hugged her “As long as you’re here, I will be the happiest man in this world. And I will soon get rid of this alcohol privation, I promise…”

She smiled “Do not kill yourself over that”

He smiled, holding her hand as both left the room “I promise” he repeated

“Rob!” The agent saw Theo running to him, holding a huge remote control car

“Oh, are we on short names, now?” Belle raised her eyebrow, kissing Robert’s hand before losing him for her son

“Sorry, mom. Robert!”

The agent giggled, kneeling to talk to the boy. There was this kind of special admiration the boy had developed for Robert. Belle noticed that since the first time both met, and after Theo got sincerely convinced Robert was the hero who saved his mother.

And, oh, well, he was.

“Robert, I want you to teach me!” he handed the car to Robert. The agent had offered him that present when he and Lisa arrived at the basement, after long weeks without Belle. And, as you can assume, Theo was over excited with the new super advanced new car.

“Hey, little man” Robert held the boy’s shoulders “I will teach you, I promise, but right now I need to work on something” he whispered “I have a mission for you, though”

“A mission?!”

“Yes” Robert smiled “I want you to make sure both ladies are perfectly comfortable and go to bed after a nice late extra supper”

Theo looked at him “When are you going to give me a superhero mission?!”

Rob chuckled “Well, guess what? This is a superhero mission.”

Theo frowned “No that’s not”

“I will ask you, tomorrow, how easy it was to convince your mother to actually eat something.”

Theo looked at him, not really understanding his words “Ok… but then, you will give me another superhero mission?”

“I will, champion”

“Awesome!” he ran back to his mother “MOM, let’s eat!”

Robert giggled, leaving their place as he heard Belle “Baby, I am not really hungry”

“But mom…!”

The agent confidently walked around the basement, still smiling at them, almost feeling as if he was… almost… part of the family.