Uncertain Thoughts

Third Person’s POV

“Should you not be resting?”

Robert raised his eyebrows at Gordon, who had just spotted him in their team’s living room, far away from the other side of the basement, where they welcomed civilians to protect.

“You are good at math, you know how many hours I slept today…” He sat on a chair “Besides, we need to be quick…”

Gordon took a deep breath “Well, that is going to be hard now. They left Bahamas.”

“It is only normal… it’s a pretty small place, anyone could find anyone easily… if..” Robert looked at him, interrupting himself. Then, he observed the room around him. Everyone stared at him with a sad expression.

The man frowned “Nah… oh no no, no”

“Robert… it is…”

“Don’t Robert, me. We are going to finish this damned investigation and get all these f*ckers killed.”

“Robert” Gordon looked at him “Where can we start now?”

“Well, let’s invade every known club we know!” Robert raised his voice “Get their people, someone will surely talk!”

“I don’t appreciate those methods… Robert, our director surely wouldn’t…”

“Well, I don’t give a f*ck about what the director approves or disapproves. These women are being tortured and forced to prostitution. I’ve been there, I’ve seen it. I am not going to stand here and watch it. And if you are, then you’re just a bunch of cowards who enjoy their cozy and warm spot.” Robert slowly stood up and started to leave

“Agent Reilly…” a female agent spoke “We are with you. We are a team, you have worked alone for long enough”

“Yes. I agree”

“Me too…”

“So do I…”

Robert looked at them, then at Gordon, who stood up and approached him.

“You know…” he showed him a small smile “I am glad to see you have finally gave a chance to your life”

Robert frowned “Thanks for sticking around, Gordon.”

*A few days later*

“Mommy?” Theo sleepily jumped to his mother’s bed, joining her

“Hmmm?”

“Good morning, mommy. I’m hungry!”

“Hmmm-morning, baby” she hugged him tightly, still with her eyes closed. “We’ll go eat breakfast soon, is grandma awake?”

“I’m gonna wake her up!” Theo quickly left the bed, leaving a smiling Belle in there.

Oh, damn. She could get easily used to that comfort. She could not remember ever laying in such a soft and comfortable mattress. She could not remember of having such good food.

Everything was… slowly getting composed again.

It had been a few days since everyone arrived in there and everything just keeps calm. She has spent the entire days with Theo and her mother, Tom and Claire had been joining them. As to everyone else, or even better, as to Robert… there was no sign of him.

Every day the past few days, Belle would tell herself to enjoy her time with her family the most. And she did.

But she, deep down, was dying to know about Robert. However, she didn’t really want to ask. After all, now everything was calmer, now she was free, she didn’t really want to bother him. He did not have to worry about her anymore, she was safe.