Uncertain plans

“Well, well, well…”

The agent frowned, watching Renner entering his cell with that typical smirk on her face “Getting better, are we, handsome?” She bit her lip

He watched her as she sat next to him in that horrible mattress.

He was not sure of how long he had been in there. He never saw Zoe again and that was panicking him. He knew nothing about Belle, either.

He prayed every minute for her to be ok.

For everyone to be ok, while he stood there, feeling useless and not able to do much.

“They will want to do something about it…” she leaned to touch his face

“Am I that scary?” Robert moved away from her touch

“Here’s the deal, handsome” she frowned, grabbing his face forcefully “You should be dead already.”

“Then why am I not?!”

“You should be thankful to me”

“Oh, that’s a nice joke”

She slapped his face “Oh, you should be really careful, or are you forgetting I know something you do not?”

“You would never tell me”

Renner smiled, leaning to peck his lips “You are right”

It required a big effort for the agent not to use his remaining strength to stand up and knock her out. But then, he knew he had no chance.

He knew nothing about that place, Zoe never got to tell him much.

And he could not risk put anyone else in danger.

As to himself, he was slowly losing hope.

At that unknown place surroundings, Tom and Ed stood as quiet as they could, trying their best not to be spotted. They were in a small black car, hidden in the forest, near a small way that could lead directly to the place their friends were being held hostages.

“Are you sure this is the place?” Tom asked, returning to the car after watching that place

“Yes, I am Tom”

“God, it is HUGE!” he groaned “We can never know our way around…”

“Emma sent me sort of a map of the place, I am exploring it”

“Oh, she gave news?!” Tom was surprised

“Yes, seems like she wants to make up for what she did” Ed stared at him “But I still think we should be quiet for now. And we should change our spot frequently, who knows if they are not searching the surroundings”

“Yes, ok” Tom spoke “I can drive while you are concentrated on that”

Ed nodded “Ok… do you think I should call some other agents to help, if we ever get a good plan?”

Tom took a deep breath “Let’s focus on the plan, first”

“I am a terrible mother…” Belle sobbed, back inside the building.

“Oh, come on, Belle. You know you are not, you did not choose to be kidnapped! You did not chose to lose some years of his life!”

“But I came with Robert and… I am constantly a missing rock as he grows”

“So, what would you do? Bring him with you? Let Robert come along?”

“No… no… I just… I miss him so much and, now… I am getting the feeling I will probably not see him ever again and…”