Thirty-Nine: Take-Backs

"Junnie, I was right. Everything is still in the basement. The blood is here. We found your blood. Woo thinks he can give you your powers back. Get to the orphanage, but stay safe. I don't think the Crystal can control you, but it seems to be controlling everyone else, so be careful. I can't lose you again."

The energy dispersed.

"Okay, got another plan then," Beomgyu said.

"Who was that?" Soobin asked. "Yeonjun, you have powers?"

"Yeah, that was my real older brother and I'm actually a Mabsuli blood but my powers were taken away in an experiment when I was ten." Soobin blinked owlishly. "I'll explain more later," Yeonjun dismissed before turning to the whole group. "I have to get over there."

"How are they not affected?" Yoongi asked.

"They renounced their faith in the Crystal, so I don't think it has a strong grasp on them anymore."

"We'll go with you," Taehyun said.

"No, you guys have to get the others," Yeonjun said. "I'll be fine."

"You don't have magic," Beomgyu said.

"We don't need magic to protect ourselves. Besides, the less of us there are, the easier sneaking around will be."

"But your shoulder—"

"He won't be alone," Soobin said. "I'll go with him."

"Binnie, no," Yeonjun was quick to say. "It's too dangerous."

"No way am I letting you go alone," Soobin retorted. "And, not to brag, but I've become pretty good with a sword."

"The sword you almost slashed my head with?" Beomgyu asked with a smirk.

"I'm sorry!"

"We can't," Yoongi affirmed. "Letting the two people without magic go out into the battlefield where there's magic? It's stupid. Irrational."

"Rational thought is for the heartless," Beomgyu said. Yoongi shot him a glare.

"Not helping."

"Sorry." Rolling his eyes, Yoongi began to turn back to the two oldest princes.

"Like I was saying—Oh you've got to be shitting me."

Where the two boys were sitting moments prior was just empty space, said couple now out the open door and running into the crowd of Mabsuli and Akabi bloods, disappearing.

"Did those two seriously just..." Yoongi muttered in disbelief before shaking his head. "Alright alright alright, now the three of us have to stick together and—"

He turned back to Taehyun and Beomgyu, but both princes were already jumping out the window and running off. Yoongi was now alone in the house, and he sighed.

"You reach a certain age, and suddenly everyone stops listening to you."

~~~~

To say running through the battlefield of a kingdom towards the orphanage was hard would be an understatement. It made Hector's task of getting to the Land of the Living to see Coco look easy. And that's saying something, because he almost lost his chance and was on the verge of disappearing by the end of the movie.

Well, there's one thing that's the same with both scenarios. The closeness of death.

Spells and weapons alike were flying around, some coming so close Yeonjun could feel the heat of the spell or the metal of the weapon. But Soobin was always ready to pull him just out of range, using his own sword to block weapons and hit aside spells. The threats only amplified the closer they got to the orphanage.