Two: Training

When Yoongi opened the door to his office, he sighed as he spotted the youngest prince spinning in his swivel chair. Beomgyu didn't seem to notice Yoongi had walked in, only continuing to spin by pushing himself using the sleek black desk in front of him.

Yoongi waited a few more moments for Beomgyu to notice him, but when he only continued spinning with a wide grin etched onto his face, he slammed the door shut. Beomgyu yelped and jumped in the chair, causing it to tip back and fall onto the floor with a loud thump. Yoongi watched blankly as Beomgyu stumbled up, swaying in his place as he leaned on the desk to steady himself. He rubbed his back with a wince as he looked up to see his attendant. He tried to grin.

"H-Hey Yoongi. How's—" He stumbled as he tried to lean casually on his elbow. "How's it going?"

"Apparently it's Gravity Testing Day," Yoongi said. Beomgyu raised an eyebrow.

"Really? Huh. I couldn't have guessed."

"Yeah. Gravity still works, by the way."

"Well that's a relief."

"Truly." He walked to the other side of the desk and leaned down to pick up the chair. Beomgyu shuffled around so he was on the opposite side, out of Yoongi's way. "The king wasn't too happy about that little stunt the three of you pulled," Yoongi said. Beomgyu scoffed.

"Oh come on. You gotta admit it was hilarious."

Yoongi thought for a moment. "I will admit I found it slightly entertaining, but you never heard me say that." Beomgyu nodded, giving Yoongi a mock salute. Yoongi only rolled his eyes at that, causing Beomgyu to laugh. "Still, you're lucky the Coming of Age pieces weren't the real thing. King Choi looked about ready to strangle you by breaking the fakes, imagine if those were real."

Beomgyu stopped laughing and shuddered. While he loved the king (well, "love" was such a strong word, more like he was grateful to him for housing him and feeding him and shit), he couldn't help but be intimidated by him, especially when he was angry. He guessed it had to do with him being king and having to display an aura of authority and power at all times, but there was another reason he feared him.

And it had to do with his secret.

"Hey." Yoongi's voice snapped him out of his thoughts, and he turned to find his attendant leaned over the desk staring worriedly at him. It was a surprising expression for Beomgyu to see since Yoongi wasn't exactly known for his bright and caring personality around the castle. "I didn't mean to scare you, Beom. I'm sorry."

Beomgyu immediately shook his head and plastered on a smile. "It's okay, Yoongs, no need to apologize," he said quickly. Yoongi didn't seem convinced.

"No one is going to find out, okay?" he reassured. "I promise I'm going to protect you."

Beomgyu's smile softened into one that was more genuine. Even though he never said it aloud, he was grateful that Yoongi was his attendant. The man had a kind and loyal heart, even though he never showed it, and would do anything to protect him. It also helped that he had the same secret.

"And on that note," Yoongi said, "we should get started before we're called for dinner." Beomgyu nodded and walked behind him as he made his way towards an old oak bookcase on the far left wall of the office. Yoongi grabbed onto the right side and heaved it open, revealing a passage in the wall. He let Beomgyu go first, who descended the stone stairs without hesitation. He'd been down there so many times before that the dim lighting and musty air didn't faze him.

He walked into a room with wooden floors and a high ceiling. Carved into the stone walls were shelves filled with leather books. Staffs and clubs were stuck in a barrel in the corner, and a cracked mirror lined the right wall. Beomgyu stared at his black slacks and orange button up shirt tucked in with black loafers. His lip curled at the sight of his Princely Look™, and he ruffled his blonde hair until the bangs fell loosely across his forehead.