Twenty-Five: The Mabsuli Blood Protection Act

Beomgyu never thought he would hit such a low where he'd be crying into a plushie that smelled like his half-brother and brother-like figure for half an hour. But lo and behold, there he was, sitting in the doctor's office crying into a plushie that smelled like his half-brother and brother-like figure for half an hour. Wooyoung did his best to allow Beomgyu to have privacy and space, never looking at him and instead busying himself with small tasks around the room. But when Beomgyu's sobs finally quieted into soft sniffles, he was standing in front of him with a box of tissues and a smile.

"Better now?" he gently asked. Beomgyu gingerly raised his head, tear tracks trailing down his flushed cheeks from his puffy red rimmed eyes, and nodded with a sniff.

"I miss them..." he mumbled as he grabbed a tissue and blew into it.

"You must."

"I'm sorry... I must have wasted so much time..." Wooyoung shook his head.

"Don't say that. You didn't waste any time. I just want you to be okay, or at least better. Are you?" Beomgyu nodded. "You aren't lying to me, right?" Beomgyu shook his head. "Okay. I'm gonna believe you. Ready to go back?"

"Can I..." Beomgyu bit his lip, not wanting to be selfish as it was technically Wooyoung's property that other kids younger than him needed, but...

"You can keep the dog for a little while longer," Wooyoung said with a smile. "I can even enchant a new plushie for you if you want." Beomgyu's eyes lit up.

"Really?" Wooyoung chuckled and nodded.

"Of course, Beomgyu. Now c'mon. Yoongi might be worried we haven't come back yet."

As it turns out, Yoongi was not as worried as they thought he'd be. He was currently in the middle of a very intense Yo Momma battle with San, and Wooyoung facepalmed in second-hand embarrassment. Beomgyu merely giggled.

"Yo momma so ugly, she walked into a haunted house and walked out with a job application," San was saying.

"Yo momma so dumb, she climbed a glass wall to see what was behind it," Yoongi retorted.

"Yo momma so fat, she got on the scale and it said 'We need your weight, not your phone number.'"

"Yo momma so fat, even Dora couldn't explora."

"Damn! Nice one!" San grinned and high-fived him.

"Why am I still dating you?" Wooyoung asked, finally drawing both males' attention to the door.

"About time!" Yoongi exclaimed, rushing over to Beomgyu and cupping his face in his hands. "You were crying. Are you okay?"

"Better now," Beomgyu reassured him, hugging the dog closer.

"You ready, Yoongi?" Wooyoung asked. He nodded and ruffled Beomgyu's hair.

"I'll be back." And with another nod from Beomgyu, he followed Wooyoung out the door, leaving Beomgyu and San alone.

"I don't suppose you wanna have a Yo Momma battle with me?" San asked, leaning on the chair.

"No thanks..."

"That's okay. Come sit with me, Beomgyu." Beomgyu shuffled his way over and stiffly sat in the chair beside San. The assistant leaned back, legs crossed and a soft gaze watching Beomgyu run his fingers along the soft cloth of the dog. "I see Woo gave you the dog," he commented. Beomgyu nodded. "What do you smell?"

"Vanilla and cherry blossom..."

"Is that a good combination?"

"I think so... I mean, it's what my brothers smell like, so..."